to weigh or not to weigh...

Options
i was just wondering what everyone feels about the dreaded (or joyful) weigh in! i usually try to weigh in just once a week but i know there are people that weigh everyday!!! what is your strategy? i feel like my weight changes so much throughout the week that it would drive me crazy to weigh everyday and see all those changes!

Replies

• tmbish82
    Options
    i was just wondering what everyone feels about the dreaded (or joyful) weigh in! i usually try to weigh in just once a week but i know there are people that weigh everyday!!! what is your strategy? i feel like my weight changes so much throughout the week that it would drive me crazy to weigh everyday and see all those changes!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    well i do weigh in everyday and it keeps me working toward my goal instead of pushing me away! I like to know where I am at on a daily basis.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Trust yourself not the scale. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU LOSE WEIGHT/INCHES by clothes and just how good you feel. So I say forget the scale for awhile and trust your body and yourself....It could make a maybe great day turn into a not so great day!!!!:sick:

Alisha :happy:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I weighed everyday until it became an obsession. I got tired of seeing the scale go back and forth so now I weigh at least once a month or sometimes every two weeks.
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    I honestly change more than 5lbs sometime from day to night, and day to day. it was driving me crazy. So I just picked one day of the week, and a specific time, and then i put the scale away until the week after.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in. Fully clothed. Have had a cup of coffee and been up for almost 2 hours. BUT...it's the same each week. :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    well i do weigh in everyday and it keeps me working toward my goal instead of pushing me away! I like to know where I am at on a daily basis.

I agree, I weigh every day too, it keeps me posted on what I need to do and keeps me motivated, :drinker:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't even weigh every week usually once a month at the Dr. office otherwise i get too depressed about seeing such little change.
  • robsgal
    robsgal Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awhile back I had to move my scale to the guest bathroom, I just got too obsessed and I can tell I'm making way too many trips to that bathroom this week. In th past I have really tried do my best to weigh just one time a week and I did it at the same time and in the same weight cloths (jeans can really add weight). That usually kept me sane, seeing my weight fluxuate (is that how you spell it) can really drive me nuts! I told myself that I'm not weighing myself until Monday. Weighing on Monday helps me eat better during the weekend when I tend to cheat.
  • cwalbrj
    cwalbrj Posts: 61
    Options
    I try to stick with a once a week (morning) weigh in. I usually cheat and look about every 3 days, but I don't "count" it until my firm once a week, Tuesday morning weigh-in.. :bigsmile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me! Even though I've lost the weight, I STILL hate weighing in! No way would you catch ME weighing in every day, like lots of em do! :smile:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I've been a pretty obsessive day weigher since I started actively trying to lose weight but after one month of doing that I realized it was more discouraging then helpful so I initially decided to set the scale aside and only weigh once a month but THEN I joined the BL challenge so I'm weighing once a week. :) But even weighing JUST once a week is a huge challenge in and of itself for me.

I'm pretty excited and eager to lose weight. haha.
  • Bittner
    Options
    I weigh almost everyday. Keeps me focused, but weight does vary day to day, so you can't get to crazy about it.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day to keep an eye on things, but it doesn't count until Saturday... my "official" weigh in day.
  • bob65
    bob65 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi
    I jump on the scales on a daily basis for no other reason than to keep me focused for the day ahead I only record on a weekly basis though. However for me its feeling in control of my own weight loss hope this helps.
    good luck
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    I weigh 2 days after my time of month ends. That's it. I'd be too frustrated if I weighed daily or even weekly, since it fluctuates so much! So far my weight has gone down (not up) each month, so I know I'm doing something right!! :drinker:
    98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi there
    i find that when i weigh myself everyday, i get depressed when the numbers don't add up, so i've decided to weigh once a month
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday but log in my weight on Mondays.:smile:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day.:flowerforyou: It keeps me motivated to keep trying because I'm stuck.
    Everyone needs to do what makes them feel the most comfortable though.:happy:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Speaking of weighing. I have a digital scale that gets 'stuck' every once in awhile and I have my hubby get on it so it will have a different reading and then when I get on after him it does show a change in my weight. What kind of scales do you think is the best and most accurate?
    Thanks in advance,
    Esther