I pigged out!!!

Options
Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
Ok, here we go, today was a REALLY stressful day.
I started off hardly eating anything, then, had a real bad afternoon what with one thing and another and ended up havign a 1/4lb cheese burger and chips from my local chip shop followed by 6 chunks of bournville chocolate. :brokenheart:

Well, low and behold, I just entered it all in my journal, only to find, ok so I pigged out, but only managed to go over my calories by 19 !!!!! :drinker:

Now I just hope that I didn't do my weight loss harm, but then, if I did, I'll just jump right back on the wagon tomorrow, I'm off to bed, night night all :yawn: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Options
    Ok, here we go, today was a REALLY stressful day.
    I started off hardly eating anything, then, had a real bad afternoon what with one thing and another and ended up havign a 1/4lb cheese burger and chips from my local chip shop followed by 6 chunks of bournville chocolate. :brokenheart:

Well, low and behold, I just entered it all in my journal, only to find, ok so I pigged out, but only managed to go over my calories by 19 !!!!! :drinker:

Now I just hope that I didn't do my weight loss harm, but then, if I did, I'll just jump right back on the wagon tomorrow, I'm off to bed, night night all :yawn: :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Well your calories are good even if your food choices aren't and sometimes our bodies need to reset anyway. Something about our metabolism! I know you wil have better success tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Well your calories are good even if your food choices aren't and sometimes our bodies need to reset anyway. Something about our metabolism! I know you wil have better success tomorrow. :flowerforyou:

Tomorrow may be a little stressful in my house, my eldest son's GF is coming round for dinner, and she's driving me nuts at the minute, but DH is home all weekend, so he will help me stay strong :heart:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You poor thing! Everything will work out hun. Take care of yourself and we hope to see you on here over the weekend. Night!!
  • stevieg_fan
    Options
    my rule on an indulgent meal - make the next five healthy so that at least 80 percent of the time I'm eating well.

and if I make bad choices all day long in a day - I say 4 good ones for one whole bad one... lets me forgive myself and get back on track 'cause it's about a lifetime, not a particular diet phase.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    You poor thing! Everything will work out hun. Take care of yourself and we hope to see you on here over the weekend. Night!!

Yeah I'l be on here some time over the weekend, got both son's GF's here tomorrow so I'll be looking for some sanity :laugh: the other son is only 11 though, so no worries there - yet!
    :bigsmile: Night
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    my rule on an indulgent meal - make the next five healthy so that at least 80 percent of the time I'm eating well.

and if I make bad choices all day long in a day - I say 4 good ones for one whole bad one... lets me forgive myself and get back on track 'cause it's about a lifetime, not a particular diet phase.

Now that's a good idea :drinker:
  • cwalbrj
    cwalbrj Posts: 61
    Options
    Go take a nice brisk walk.. gives you time to de-stress from the son's girlfriend AND you burn up a few calories.. Now, help me out here.. what does DH stand for ? :bigsmile:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    DH - dear hubby - or at least, it does for me, although sometimes it'll mean daft hubby :laugh:
  • scaredofcoasters
    scaredofcoasters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs a break, and it's ok to pig out! As long as you're not like me over Christmas (ooh! cookies!) Sometimes it's even good to eat bad food, since if you get a craving or need a stress relief, your body really wants that which you're craving. I don't think it will damage your diet too much as long as it's not a daily thing :)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I've often found that by logging what I thought was a really bad day or meal, that I actually didn't do near as bad as I'd thought! Relieves that guilt that could have followed unnecessarily :smile:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    How are you doing Jackie, are you surviving your Saturday?
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    How are you doing Jackie, are you surviving your Saturday?

The GF got very stressed, tried to tell my son what he should and shouldn't do, who he could and couldn't talk to blah blah blah! He ended the relationship this morning :drinker:
    Apart from that, my Saturday was great :flowerforyou:
    my Sunday got even better, my son walked out of work, but...instead of runnign away from a stressful situation, he came home, and asked me and DH for our help :drinker: We are both over the moon, as this looks like the turnign point we've been waiting for - phew what a relief, he's sitting opposite me now playing on the Wii with his dad and brother, oooohhhhh.... it's good to have the real him back at home :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!