How do you deal with others negativity?

Options
2»

Replies

• niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I offered my own tips for successful weight-loss/ new lifestyle for fitness when my family and friends said something like that to me. I dragged them to gym with me and tried whatever I could to make them believe that "they can also do it." But when nothing worked & they recognized their own problems (can't give up on their "blooming appetite," no motivation for workouts, etc.), they stopped acting like that.
    I'd think they have no bad intention but just want to know if such human being (who has strong will to stick to the plan and has succeeded) really exists in their lives, and they'd feel shameful for teasing us when they realize how much effort we've put and how weak their willpower is.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    katkins73 wrote: »
    I would just strut around looking fabulous and knowing it :D

This! I deliberately try not to bore people with it, I just say thanks for noticing and move on! I guess you have other things you used to have in common you could talk about?

• Vodka97
    Vodka97 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!

If my friends get this way, just remember that you're probably a lot more satisfied with yourself then they are, and their comments are probably stem from jealousy and not apathy towards your success.

One thing to consider, if they aren't being supportive, are they really friends?
  • jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I hear you...I turn down the gang at work twice a week for lunch. I know it makes them crazy and they've said a few times, you never go, you're unit social...etc.etc..
    I told one person, 'I really want to thank you for always extending the invite, I know I don't go with you guys but I will, it's just right now I'm so driven to get healthier' and then 'thanks for understanding'
    it seems to always work and they end up giving a compliment right after
  • jennmpantoja
    jennmpantoja Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    First of all Way to go!! You should be proud of yourself of what you have accomplished. Remember if those people are smack talking let them. Their big mouths are just jealous of what you have done and what you have decided to take control over. Your life and health. We all deal with them, but remember to keep those who are positive and supportive of you around because those are the ones you will lean on more than anything. I've not had to deal with a lot of people who are nasty or mean (putting me down) at all because I've got a pretty good support system from my family, friends, church family and my employees. Just take a deep breath and keep doing what is right for you.
  • score45609
    score45609 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you should be proud of yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!