I dont know what to do anymore! :(

Options
People keep saying i am loosing weight too quickly and its not good for me...
I am not loosing it quickly, i only started this plan 12 days ago.
How is that loosing weight quickly?
I am was 140lbs and now 136lbs
Its not much weight loss, is it?
I am not very good judge i guess.
Help me!
I cant stop thinking about it, people make comments that i am getting too skinny, and i really dont like it.
Are they right?
:(
Sorry....

Replies

• Jackson347
    Options
    People keep saying i am loosing weight too quickly and its not good for me...
    I am not loosing it quickly, i only started this plan 12 days ago.
    How is that loosing weight quickly?
    I am was 140lbs and now 136lbs
    Its not much weight loss, is it?
    I am not very good judge i guess.
    Help me!
    I cant stop thinking about it, people make comments that i am getting too skinny, and i really dont like it.
    Are they right?
    :(
    Sorry....
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Without knowing how tall you are, how much muscle mass you have etc, its impossible to even guess. However, 136 is normally considered a healthy weight. Also, particularly when starting out 4lbs in 12 days doesn't sound too drastic.

I look at your profile and you are looking to loose 40 pounds. If you are starting at 140 make sure that 100lbs is actually a healthy weight for you. A doctor is always the most reliable but the BMI on this website will probably give you a fairly accurate range. :flowerforyou:

Remember - healthy first, skinny second! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds my first week. I'm sure a GOOD portion of it was water.

If you're following the plan and eating...you're fine.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    This is my take on it - 12 days is almost two weeks and I heard a person could safely losely one to two pounds per week. Also I think when a person starts a new plan their weight can drop fairly quickly at first. I won't worry about what your body is doing as much as I would be concerned about keeping your calories at least 1200 more if you are active and just getting healthy.

Congratulations on making losing weight and getting healthy important to you!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Don't be sorry! Maybe they are saying it because they wish they were losing weight. Another thing might be that you usually lose water weight first and it will slow down. It did when I started losing. How tall are you? Does the BMI tool say you are underweight? Check it out. Hope all goes well for you:flowerforyou: .
  • Jackson347
    Options
    I am 5ft 6in
    Does that help?
    I dont think that i am too skinny at 136 more like closer to chubby!
    Haha
    I spoken to a doctor, i had a eating plan most of my life, i used to struggle with my weight...I was 90lbs throughout my teens.
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    using the BMI calculator...

At 100 Pounds, Your BMI is: 16.1
    A healthy BMI is between 18.5 and 25.0
    Target weight range: 114.6 - 154.9 lbs

Being too skinny comes with as many problems as being too fat. It is all about health.
  • Jackson347
    Options
    But everyone constantly drums into me i am too skinny and it really gets me down.
    Cos i know i am not!
    Its just most of my friends are 180 lbs...
    And i have always been smaller but not even by a large amount.
    i really dont know what the big deal is :(
    its really getting me down.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    But everyone constantly drums into me i am too skinny and it really gets me down.
    Cos i know i am not!

I think they are just worried you'll go too far with it. I am 5'8 145 lbs. I am thin with a little thickness on the sides. When I told people that I was going to count calories and loose weight they became super worried about me. I learned not to say "loose weight" but to say "tone up". DOn't let them get you down too much. They are just watching out for you in the best possible way.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    PS.... Are you 5'6 or 5'9? I remember another conversation where you said you were 5'9.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Cos i know i am not!

You are actually within a healthy weight range. Maybe you don't feel right about your body so try working on building muscle instead of worrying about weight loss? When your friends see your new muscle tone they might not be as quick to say you're too skinny. :happy:
  • Jackson347
    Options
    Cos i know i am not!

I think they are just worried you'll go too far with it. I am 5'8 145 lbs. I am thin with a little thickness on the sides. When I told people that I was going to count calories and loose weight they became super worried about me. I learned not to say "loose weight" but to say "tone up". DOn't let them get you down too much. They are just watching out for you in the best possible way.

Good advice.
    I am "toning up" and cheering up :D xxx
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    i would go by % of body weight. 1-2 % a week is healthy for the beginning, then it slows to closer to 1 or less. if you kept up the rate for a whole month or so, that may be a bit much. but in the end it's your body and your self image.
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    I am 5ft 6in
    Does that help?
    I dont think that i am too skinny at 136 more like closer to chubby!
    Haha
    I spoken to a doctor, i had a eating plan most of my life, i used to struggle with my weight...I was 90lbs throughout my teens.

I have some concerns......At 5'6'' 100 lbs is too skinny. 136#s is a healthy weight and would not be considered chubby. Focusing on health and fitness is a good thing unless it is taken to an extreme. I am not trying to be negative or harsh but I am concerned about your idea of a healthy weight. Having admitted to a life of eating plans and a struggle with your weight (90#s) tells me that there may have been some anorexia in your past. Instead of focusing on being "skinny" or "chubby" are you healthy? Will you have energy at 100#s? Will your hair be soft and shiny at 100#s? Will your skinny have a healthy glow and be soft and supple at 100#s? Sometimes it is hard to see the beauty in the mirror now. I do hope you understand that I am not saying all of this to upset you but rather because I am concerned and I care.