Making a huge change in my life, appreciate any help. (PREPARE TO READ, SORRY)

Options
I Started a happy child great friends just pure happiness my mom was never around due to drugs and my dad passed when i was 2 or so i was told, i lived with my caring grandparents and they accepted me as their own and i was happy with it. all my moms homes ive seen always were apartments and all my step dads have been druggies or abusive. so i was a happy content child
Age 13 The big move from hometown. arriving in new town i instantly knew i needed to figure something out for myself till school started
Age 14 After previous years of being bullied i told myself it was time to change, school starts and i develop an ego for myself and start experimenting with cigarettes and weed, eventually towards the end realizing how much fun this lifestyle is and pursueing it more
Age 15 Smoking weed, drinking, partying, coming home to play video games for the rest of the night etc etc
Age 16 Same as above but anxiety and depression starts and pills come into my life, start getting in trouble, dropping out of school, eventually ending up making horrible decisions leading up to doing time in juvie for a number of B&Es, once i got out i wasnt changed smoked weed on probation somehow lied through probation(tl;) got off then back to me for a few more months ended up on heroin for 3 weeks straight before i moved away again thank god.
Age 17 Anxiety and Depression at its peak due to the move, my meds were cut off, and im hopeless at this time, my mom cut off commnications with me entirely i start hanging around others like me mental wise but who do way worse drugs than i could think of alot older dudes around me, and i start trying different opiates and a stimulant that ill never do again called ''meth''.
Present Im slowly starting to want goals for myself and put faith in myself, SLOWLY,
Im realizing what ive been putting my people through and i need to change for 2016 or else i wont be on this earth, or worse my grandparents wont, i want to stop worrying them all these nights i go out till 2 3am, they have no control over me and i pity them, which is why im gonna get some control over MYSELF, Ive quit cigs (4days) so far, Done with opiates (6months), Done with stimulants (4days) for sure left me with thrush prob *kitten* my immune system, Ill worry about the weed in the future because im not worried about that right now i havent smoked in 3 days anyway and i dont plan on smoking again till this thrush goes away and till have some exercise schedules and goals set for my future.
My grandpa is currently helping me find a job, Till then i need to change myself because i look like ive been through hell just skin and bones 6,2 132, Guess my main reason posting this is: I Need some help in getting into an exercise schedule, what items i should have before hand, maybe even help making a exercise calendar type thing, foods i should cut down from lol, idk this is my first time doing something like this ill just hope some of the people on here been there done that and will help me out and give me some advice on how i should prepare this change. cus 2016 HAS to be the year for me, i already got a few colleges im planning on getting my ged at so thats something i guess, anyway i just need a recovering druggy exercise diet type thing idk LMAO .
Any advice will help, cheers.

Replies

• JayThomas2
    JayThomas2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Most of us are pretty friendly, I'm sure we can help :smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    @Atom_B

Welcome to MFP :) Great job on all the huge changes you've made in your life.. that couldn't have been easy.

Regarding exercise.... something as simple as walking might be a good place for you to start. It gets you out in the fresh air, Vitamin D and your body likely needs that if you've been holed up for awhile making other choices.

Keep it simple, if you've not been eating fruit, add a piece each day, if you've been slacking on water, try and get plenty of that in to get re-hydrated. Amazing what water can do to rebuild and strengthen us back up after tough times. It helps our mind to clear...least it does mine.

Same thing with veggies, don't eat dark greens now? Have a goal to eat one serving a day until you're able to add another.. simple changes like that.

Have you ever journaled? A gratitude journal is a wonderful place to start... take a notebook, anything really and write down 3 things that you are grateful at the end of every day before bed. Keep that up and you'll find more and more to be grateful for... The world around you will begin to look brighter as you make small changes and you'll realize how very much you really truly have.

Often we forget that and only see what we are missing...

all the best..
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    One step at a time dude.

Start by logging what you are currently eating.
    If you can exercise do it for however long you can.
    I highly recommend you focus your efforts on getting that GED.
    If you don't want to get your GED then don't. You can start with logging as the first step.

Again one step at a time.