Just started and looking forward to having my own support system :)

Options
Hey guys, new member here! I'm a 20 year old Egyptian girl currently living in Germany. I would love to have some friends to motivate me along the way and i promise to do the same :) i have about 30 pounds to lose and i'm planning to reach my goal by summer 2016. Please post or add me if you are looking for friends :)

Have a great day!

Replies

• Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Add me if you want :)
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Guten tag and salam alaykom! Great to meet you. I have about 40-50lb to lose, so would love to be friends with you! Also, I lived in Germany for a couple years as a child! Whereabouts are you? :) I'll add you if you want!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Your goal is too aggressive. It should take you a year & 3 days minimum; to lose 30 Pounds. The 1st 5 pounds, should take 5 weeks; with a goal of only losing 1 pound a week & the remaining 25 pounds, should take 50 weeks; with a goal of losing only 0.5 pounds a week.
  • Bringit2016
    Bringit2016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your goal is too aggressive. It should take you a year & 3 days minimum; to lose 30 Pounds. The 1st 5 pounds, should take 5 weeks; with a goal of only losing 1 pound a week & the remaining 25 pounds, should take 50 weeks; with a goal of losing only 0.5 pounds a week.

Thank you for your reply :) i was shooting for 1 pound a week till i reach my goal, i thought that was pretty average, maybe because i do not have much to lose, it seems abit much.. anyway, i'm planning to take my time and eat everything in moderation :) if it is going to take longer, that's fine too. i had my share of fad diets and starving myself and i know how much it sucks, so i'm not going back there again :D thanks for the tip!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

What?!? Since when is wanting to lose a lb a week too aggressive? OP it seems like you have the right mindset to keep the weight off and aren't looking for a quick fix. Get a food scale, weigh and measure everything that goes in your mouth, make yourself accountable and don't deny yourself treats every now and then.
  • Vodka97
    Vodka97 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Love your username! Added :)
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options

Thank you for your reply :) i was shooting for 1 pound a week till i reach my goal, i thought that was pretty average, maybe because i do not have much to lose, it seems abit much.. anyway, i'm planning to take my time and eat everything in moderation :) if it is going to take longer, that's fine too. i had my share of fad diets and starving myself and i know how much it sucks, so i'm not going back there again :D thanks for the tip!

Your welcome!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

What?!? Since when is wanting to lose a lb a week too aggressive? OP it seems like you have the right mindset to keep the weight off and aren't looking for a quick fix. Get a food scale, weigh and measure everything that goes in your mouth, make yourself accountable and don't deny yourself treats every now and then.

It's fine if they have over 25 pounds to lose but if the have 25 & under, half of that is optimal. So since she has 30 pounds to lose, the 1st five of those pounds, at 1 pound a week; is realistic.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... You are more than welcome to add me ...Wishing you much success :)
  • 1meh
    1meh Posts: 94 Member
    Options

It's fine if they have over 25 pounds to lose but if the have 25 & under, half of that is optimal. So since she has 30 pounds to lose, the 1st five of those pounds, at 1 pound a week; is realistic.

Source?
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    1meh wrote: »

Source?

I learned it here, from the regulars; that have given this advice to others & their recommendations seem to be trusted by the majority here. Also based upon my own results, after taking that advice; I agree.