anyone watching The Next Food Network Star???

bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,837 Member
edited September 28 in Chit-Chat
Or just "Food Network Star" since I almost missed getting the 2nd episode recorded due to them switching the name.

I've been obsessed with this show since it's inception 6-7 years ago, and LOVE IT! It's the closest to "reality TV" that I watch, and I've had peeps tell me I need to audition for it. However, being in a part of the country where I've never had access to half the foods they get PLUS no actual culinary training, not sure I'd have the chops for it.

Anywho... just curious if anyone else out in MFP-land watches and wanted to "dish" with me about it (pun intended). I for one can't wait to see miss Penny get a smack-down put on her *kitten*. Haven't decided who I want to win, but it's interesting this year so far.

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    It's one of my favorite shows! I totally agree with you about Penny, I don't like her attitude at ALL!
  • My brother-in-law just got kicked off. Good food, horrible in front of the camera which is surprising because in real life he is a really likeable, laid-back guy who (I thought) I would definitely want to watch on t.v. Go figure.
  • i for sure am its the best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    I started watching it since Guy Fieri was on it. He's from my home town. I really hate how much of a douche he became once he got famous. All of his home town restaurants are going to **** too.

Agree with the Penny smack down :laugh:
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Amen! Penny got a 'little' smack down this week . . . not winning her round and all. Plus, Orchid was able to scoot buy with her dish. But I'd truly love to see her fall flat on her *kitten*. She's a nice person, I'm sure. But, definitely not my favorite! I'm liking Orchid, Jyll, Susie (on occasion, she sometimes bugs) and that one guy with the hair who was sweating into his spring rolls . . . what's his name?
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    My brother-in-law just got kicked off. Good food, horrible in front of the camera which is surprising because in real life he is a really likeable, laid-back guy who (I thought) I would definitely want to watch on t.v. Go figure.

Juba?
  • NikkiTaber
    My brother-in-law just got kicked off. Good food, horrible in front of the camera which is surprising because in real life he is a really likeable, laid-back guy who (I thought) I would definitely want to watch on t.v. Go figure.
    which one was your B-i-L? Juba or Chris?

I'm assuming Juba since he was the only one who had amazing food but horrible tv presence. I was sad to see Juba go. I was rooting for him! I was hoping he would come into his own in front of the camera.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    There's a new season already? I love that show....they changed the name to "Food Network Star"?
  • Juba. :smile:
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    loves it :)
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Love the show! Not sure who I want to win, but Penny sure rubs me the wrong way.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    I watch it sometimes. The people make me squirm when they are on camera. Our local dj (Howie) was the first to be voted out. It's pretty funny since his food was so bad that he was voted out over the guy who never even got to present food to the judges. He has a really crappy cooking show on public tv here in Denver.
  • NikkiTaber
    Agree with the Penny smack down :laugh:

both my husband & I think she's like a female Gene Simmons, but with a HUGE attitude problem!!! I'm sure she'll be around for awhile to help make trouble though, cause that's "good TV"

the thing we don't get is where Alicia thinks she has a Missouri accent... we're from Iowa, and she doesn't sound at all like she has a Missouri accent, sounds more like a speech impediment!

OMG female Gene Simmons! I'm dying here! That is just way 2 funny.

I am slightly rooting for Alicia just because Penny hates her. I'm hoping Penny gets the slap to the ego by getting eliminated before Alicia. Probably not going to happen though.
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    hi... I didn't get to see it this Sunday but will try to catch the re-run of the second episode on Saturday night (or will search to see if there is another station that re-runs it)... It will take me a while to really pick someone I like based on their skills etc.. but I dont like Penny (seems to be the common factor on this thread)... and I simply adore Vic!! He is scrumptious!! :blushing:
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    I can't stand Penny, Whitney or Orchid, and wouldn't watch any of their shows if they win. Actually there's quite a few I don't like this season. That being said Vic is just fantastically sexy, and I adore Jeff.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    I LOVE Food Network Star <3
    I watch it every Sunday.

I am not to thrilled about the people on it this season...

However - I have a huge crush on Vic, teehee
  • NikkiTaber
    I hope Jeff wins tonight
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Yay Jeff!! Vic didnt win but I'm so proud of how far he came!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Did Jef win? I was flipping between that and big brother and missed the end. When I turned it back it was the food truck race!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Yes, Jeff won! :)
    I liked him and Susie both so was happy to see them in the final 2.
This discussion has been closed.