Portland OR chef looking to build my support network

Options
Hey everyone! I'm a chef here in Portland, I'm looking to grow a support network online, and even make some local friends to stay active with and help support. I've been having a lot of fun trying to adapt recipes and procedures I'm used to using to make insanely rich food that I serve in the restaurant into healthier options for myself. I need to constantly remind myself we only get one body, and we need to treat it well. Viewing food more as fuel instead of pleasure, and trying to figure out what other things I can use as pleasure to avoid constantly turning to food has been challenging but also fun. So say hello, and add me as your friend if you feel inclined.

Replies

• manueldelreal
    manueldelreal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello from south of the border. Will add you shortly
  • foursixfour
    foursixfour Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I live in Portland on the eastside. I'm a woman in her 30's. I live with someone who eats whatever junk food he wants and is overweight. Tough losing weight around terrible eating habits.
    Could use an in-person support buddy. Looking for a 2x/mo check in over coffee, perhaps sharing a weekly weigh in. Maybe doing something active together once or twice a month. Really looking for accountability and consistency over time. Open to ideas how to achieve that, online or in person.