MJ lost 5 pounds in my first week

Options
Glad that I learned about the Fitness Pal it is working for me.

Replies

• Marvel150
    Marvel150 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I'm really happy for you.

I was originally thinking about starting something next year, but my doctor told me about this last week so I joined and got the ball rolling.

I turn 49 on January 6, 2017 so I have given myself this next year to lose 167 lbs.

I started last week at 317.8 and I met my short term goal to lose 5 lbs yesterday when I went to my doctor...312.4!

I will weigh again next Monday and have a 7 lb weight loss goal because I plan to exercise more this week than I did last week.

Add me if you want to take this journey together.
  • ontheedge902
    ontheedge902 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your first goal! Merry Christmas.
  • AnnaKorrine
    AnnaKorrine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What specific things have you done to accomplish your goal?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! I love the first week weight loss drop. All that water weight whooshes off. It's very encouraging, then the following weeks it all slows down to the more appropriate 1-2lb/week. It seems disheartening, but the reality is that there is only so much fat that your body is able to metabolize and rid itself of each week.

I have found it extremely helpful to have before pictures, and take new pictures each month in the same clothing along with taking measurements. The scale can be stubborn at times, and it can be a long process. I have lost nearly 40lb so far, and can't see the difference in the mirror, but comparing the measurements, comparing the pictures, and the feeling of clothing tells the story.

Just a few of my thoughts on how to stay motivated when the scale is not saying what you would like it to. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season.