Just getting started

Options
I have recently gained a few unwanted pounds and it has dragged my self esteem down a lot. It's hard for me to stay motivated. Looking at the scale and seeing 225 lbs made me realize that I need to change something. I'm only 19 and it's taking a toll on my emotional and physical state. It would be nice to have support from others while I'm on this journey. Any tips that worked for your weight loss would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Vodka97
    Vodka97 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Is that you in your profile picture? You're beautiful!

I'm 18 and I completely relate to you. We're at an age where we should be living life and being "care free", but our weight is holding us back. It's really hard to have the stress of weight on top of everything.

I think it's also hard that, other people our age don't have this worry and so they want to go out all the time, drink, eat a crazy amount of bad food, and it makes you feel like you're missing out whilst losing weight.

Added :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me ..... Wishing you the best :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Start with reading the sticky threads at the top of the getting started and general weight loss forums titled Most Helpful Posts. I highly recommend reading the ones on logging accurately first. It seems to be the place where most people have complications. Set small goals for yourself, so that you aren't overwhelmed with the entire amount. Focus on a pound at a time. Be consistent, be persistent, and be patient. You can do it!
  • roseml6792
    roseml6792 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I could use some support as well. Best wishes!
  • irathernot
    irathernot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Creating this account and posting here is the first step towards weight loss. I think the best thing you can do is track your calories honestly. Don't just track the big obvious meals, but the little things like ketchup and juice as well. Those things add up. Best of luck!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    You can add me on! :smile:
  • mattyryder937
    mattyryder937 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 50 lbs to lose - feeling hopeless but we can help each other through this! Feel free to add me! Just gettin started!
  • northcountry7
    northcountry7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new today and have had several surgeries that have limited my mobility and I am still in rehab 2 times per week. This is a great way to lose and will require some discipline. Going to give it my best shot. I will give myself a few more calories until the New Year, yet still keep track. I am older now, and I know I am not burning in the same manner..so here goes..cheers!
  • lainaprovince
    lainaprovince Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me!!!