Vegetarian High Calorie food

Options
Hey guys, I'm looking for a vegetarian food full of calories without tons of fat and carbs.

Thanks in advance, happy holidays.

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    You're on the wrong diet then.
  • irathernot
    irathernot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Candy, chips, pizza, basically your classic junk food.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    More soy beans and lentils and pinto beans. (Make some bean tacos with lots of cheese.)
    Also: Granola, Nuts, Peanut butter, Bananas, Baked Potatoes, Tofu.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    None of the foods mentioned above are both high in calories and low in fat and carbs. anonyed, you may be looking for a food that does not exist. However, RodaRose's list is good for vegetarians.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Cheesecake - I usually keep fat as low as 10% and eat mostly whole foods, but I've been dreaming of cheesecake so I bought a whole cake and had 8 slices in the last 2 days, being the holidays and all. Well, it was 350 calories/slice with 60% as fat. It was good but I got so sick of it, I threw out the remaining 4 slices. It'll be a long while before I eat another one. I did go cycling for 2 hours this afternoon, to undo some of the damage.
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Calories come from fat, carbs, or protein. So if you want calories without fat or carbs, you're looking at protein.

Realistically, you're probably wanting things like brown rice and beans, other whole grains, and whole milk. These all have fat and carbs as well, but it's a reasonable amount from healthy sources. (As opposed to eating twinkies and potato chips).
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    just add cheese