My Fitbit Calorie allowance is really low compared to my allowance on here?

Options
I don't really understand it?

Can anyone help?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    Did you just get your fitbit? What's your activity level set to? From my understanding, your fitbit will give you more calories as you are active (not just intentional exercise) and that it takes a day or two for your fitbit to "get to know you."

Here's the fitbit users group, which will have more info: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    If today is your first day with the Fitbit, I recommend basically ignoring everything. Just wear it, maybe check how accurately it records your steps and make adjustments if needed, and really evaluate starting tomorrow.

Fitbits show calorie burn over the course of 24 hours (midnight to midnight) and it will take a wild guess for today, assuming that you were asleep for the time before you started using it.

I also second joining that group for more info :) There's an FAQ that you should read through twice to get a better idea of what's happening.

~Lyssa
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Fitbit doesn't have a 1200 calorie floor like MFP does. It will also increase throughout the day as you burn more. Ignore it and follow your MFP goals.
  • christinasoonmrsnewton
    Options
    Thank you! Yes I just got it today :)