One more small victory

Options
Okay, so I went to luch with a friend today and again did something I didn't know was possible, not for me anyway!! I ordered a grilled chicken taco salad and here it is ........I had them hold the sour cream!!! Major for me!!!!!!!!! I didn't eat the shell either. I had like 2 bites of the shell!!! The salad had lettuce, carrots, salsa, grilled chicken, and about 1 TBS of guacamole with very little cheese. So I think I did pretty well. And to top that off, I was stuffed by the time I finished it!!! Whoa, who would have thought that would be possible, full from a taco salad without the shell????? Unheard of for me in the past!

Now, if only I could find a workout regime that I actually enjoy enough to want to do it every day. Baby steps right?

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I went to luch with a friend today and again did something I didn't know was possible, not for me anyway!! I ordered a grilled chicken taco salad and here it is ........I had them hold the sour cream!!! Major for me!!!!!!!!! I didn't eat the shell either. I had like 2 bites of the shell!!! The salad had lettuce, carrots, salsa, grilled chicken, and about 1 TBS of guacamole with very little cheese. So I think I did pretty well. And to top that off, I was stuffed by the time I finished it!!! Whoa, who would have thought that would be possible, full from a taco salad without the shell????? Unheard of for me in the past!

Now, if only I could find a workout regime that I actually enjoy enough to want to do it every day. Baby steps right?

Memaw
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    good job!

Baby steps all the way!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Small victory indeed! Hold the sour cream!!! I would call that a major victory. :laugh: Good for you! Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration.
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    :drinker: GREATA JOB!! Yes baby steps is definitly the way to go!! As for the exercicses what have uyou tried and what are your available options? Do you have a community center near you? I signed up for a Zumba class and I love it!! There are so many things you can do that burn cals you'd be suprised! You can burn between 200-400 cals bowling!! (if you forego the yucky snack bar food of course!) Let me know what you like to do and maybe I could give you some ideas, Ihave recently found out that many things count as exercise!! Keep up the good work!!
  • HeatherD
    HeatherD Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Niiiiice! Small steps over the course of a long journey get us where we want to go. Awesome!:smile:

Can I share my recent small victory?

No more cream in my coffee or tea. None.

In the last few days I have switched to black and, as they say, I've never looked back! They're talking about coffee right?? :wink:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY BABY STEPS!! Sounds like you made the right choice for lunch......feels good, doesn't it?:flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    Options
    :drinker: GREATA JOB!! Yes baby steps is definitly the way to go!! As for the exercicses what have uyou tried and what are your available options? Do you have a community center near you? I signed up for a Zumba class and I love it!! There are so many things you can do that burn cals you'd be suprised! You can burn between 200-400 cals bowling!! (if you forego the yucky snack bar food of course!) Let me know what you like to do and maybe I could give you some ideas, Ihave recently found out that many things count as exercise!! Keep up the good work!!
    I have tried Jillian Michaels for beginners, sweatin to the oldies, ball and web, I have a recumbant bike, eliptical, weight set....I can't afford to join any classes right now. I have an entire room dedicated to exercise but nothing is fun. I did Jazzercise for a year but the class closed and there is not another near me and besides I can't afford it right now. The weather isn't good for outside stuff right now. I did find a little place that I intend to go walking at during my lunch. I think I will make it my goal to start that on Monday and do at least 3 days next week. I just really need someone to push me and someone to talk to. I don't like doing it by myself!!!!
  • memaw66
    Options
    Niiiiice! Small steps over the course of a long journey get us where we want to go. Awesome!:smile:

Can I share my recent small victory?

No more cream in my coffee or tea. None.

In the last few days I have switched to black and, as they say, I've never looked back! They're talking about coffee right?? :wink:
    I don't put anything in my tea but I haven't been able to stop the creamer in my coffee so you are my idol!!! I don't drink coffee every day and only one cup when I do so it's not too bad. I just don't like the taste of black coffee! Way to go!! I'm very proud of you.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I'm a sour cream fanatic, myself! If you really like taco salads AND the shells, try making them at home. I will take a low fat flour tortilla and place it on an oven safe bowl that is sprayed with pam, then I place another pam sprayed bowl on top of it. I bake it in a 350 oven for a while, then, when it's able to hold its form, i just put it in the oven for a bit without the bowls so the whole thing can get crispy. It works really well!
  • melelaine
    melelaine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started a program called P90X, it has a different exercise everyday from cardio to weights to yoga and stretching. Also if you like jazzercise you might try Hip Hop Abs. Check out www.beachbody.com
  • melelaine
    melelaine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I
    n the last few days I have switched to black and, as they say, I've never looked back! They're talking about coffee right?? :wink:
    I don't put anything in my tea but I haven't been able to stop the creamer in my coffee so you are my idol!!! I don't drink coffee every day and only one cup when I do so it's not too bad. I just don't like the taste of black coffee! Way to go!! I'm very proud of you.
    [/quote]

I use 1% milk or n on fat milk and splenda in my coffee to keep the calories down.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have tried Jillian Michaels for beginners, sweatin to the oldies, ball and web, I have a recumbant bike, eliptical, weight set....I can't afford to join any classes right now. I have an entire room dedicated to exercise but nothing is fun. I did Jazzercise for a year but the class closed and there is not another near me and besides I can't afford it right now. The weather isn't good for outside stuff right now. I did find a little place that I intend to go walking at during my lunch. I think I will make it my goal to start that on Monday and do at least 3 days next week. I just really need someone to push me and someone to talk to. I don't like doing it by myself!!!!

Have you tried listening to recorded books when you workout? I used to do that when I only had home equipment and it made it so much more interesting.