This is new and exciting!

Options
Hello everyone! I have jsut started this and I am hopefully going to be able to do this....I am excited yet nervous! :smile:

Replies

• kelbuf
    kelbuf Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have jsut started this and I am hopefully going to be able to do this....I am excited yet nervous! :smile:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You will like it here on MFP! It has been so helpful to me and lots of others. Good luck and enjoy! Don't be nervous!
  • fit4fun
    fit4fun Posts: 84
    Options
    You're gonna love it! WELCOME!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! You've got every right to be excited! This IS the best place on the web! MFP REALLY, REALLY works!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • bob65
    bob65 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi and welcome
    Its a great site and I'm sure you will achieve your goals. It was good to see where everyone was from as for the logging of foods I found it surprising how much was in the data base and it surprised me how quickly you can add your daily foods I log on in the evenings and within a few minutes its done.
    Its working well for me.

By the way I'm from Cornwall, England
  • Imogene
    Imogene Posts: 12
    Options
    This site has some great stuff on it. I just joined a few days ago and I have found the people here are very supportive and there are lots of things on this site to inspire you. Welcome :bigsmile:
  • chrissyb
    Options
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices.

clever!!
    i should try that!!
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices.

clever!!
    i should try that!!

haha.. Sometimes I will log my food while eating it... then stop eating it because It was going to throw me way off... but yes i agree "log ALL your foods BEFORE you have them"
  • chrissyb
    Options
    [/quote]

haha.. Sometimes I will log my food while eating it... then stop eating it because It was going to throw me way off... but yes i agree "log ALL your foods BEFORE you have them"
    [/quote]

hehe
    you are really following it closely, good job!!