Hi, Im new...

Options
... to MFP.
... to weight loss.

I am starting out now on a long journey. My initial goal is to lose 100 pounds, then i will reevaluate and set another goal. I am looking for support, motivation, friends. My name is Nikki, I am 24, weigh 300 lbs and am just starting. My biggest downfall is accountability. No one in my life will tell me no, you dont want those cookies, or have you gone for a walk today. Im hoping there is someone out there who can be there for me in this hard journey im embarking on.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Replies

• yorkeyg
    yorkeyg Posts: 7
    Options
    hi and welcome
    i just joined as well good
    good luck with you goals
  • yorkeyg
    yorkeyg Posts: 7
    Options
    hi and welcome
    i just joined as well good
    good luck with you goals
  • llpruitt
    llpruitt Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to live a healthier life. Remember you must be accountable for yourself. :)
  • sweet_t2483
    sweet_t2483 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was the same way--since I've started accounting for my actions (tracking food and exercise) I actually feel guilty when I "fall off the wagon". When you see those first few pounds disappear--you'll feel the same way!

Feel free to add me as a friend--good luck, we're all here for the same reason :)
  • Kyokai
    Kyokai Posts: 11
    Options
    You have taken the first step - and that is the hardest one of all. Welcome and always looking for friends if you want. I have been on this journey for over a year now and it is still a challenge, always will be. A life change is never easy but the beneifts in the end are limitless.

Keep a beautiful smile and a positive attitude and I know you will accomplish your goals!
  • jeyer79
    jeyer79 Posts: 18
    Options
    congrats on a new healthier life. I have been on here for over 3months and love it. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:

Best of luck on your weight loss journey!!!

FYI
    ****we all need that 1 person to tell us NO, that's not a good idea****
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I know i must be accountable to myself but starting out is always the hardest, I have started many times, but obviously that hasnt gotten me anywhere. This time im going to go it right!! with support!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is amazing. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend. The support you find here helps tremendously.
  • Ivorimarie
    Options
    Good luck
    looking to lose 50 lbs
    And keep it off!

Well hope to read from you soon.

I. :smile:
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have only been on here about 5 days, but already the support is amazing! Feel free to add me as a friend... and I know what you are going through... I too, ahve over 100 lbs t lose. So lets unleash those inner bombshells, and shock the world!
  • supermitchd
    supermitchd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nikki,
    We've all started somewhere and we all will end up somewhere.. At my zenith I was at 274lbs.. Over time I have whittled down to current 235. Let's make this summer a " Summer of Change".. i'm with you and I will support you..
    Facebook Mitch Drummond

twitter: SUPERMITCHINCALI