Let's put Christmas behind us

Options
Yup, we all did it, we ate way more than we should have!

Now ain't the time to dwell on it, we have to keep moving forward and remind ourselves how damn good we wanna feel come summer 2016.

Let's keep going ladies and gentlemen there's work to do!

Replies

• hookahbinx
    hookahbinx Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Agree
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Christmas isn't over yet!! It's 12 days long. :) And I'm on a diet break to the end. :grin:
  • hatfield66
    hatfield66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm with you, it's back to work today.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Christmas isn't over yet!! It's 12 days long. :) And I'm on a diet break to the end. :grin:

QFT!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options

Oh nice! You can can caych up with the rest of us ;)
  • Sherryisgettingfit
    Options
    I have one more Christmas dinner to go to, but it's at my mom's, so my food scale will be going with me! :)
  • EmilyG34
    EmilyG34 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just fixed my weight to"start" over. All of my Christmas meals are over and my pants don't fit anymore. Oops! Pulling it together again today!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    EmilyG34 wrote: »
    I just fixed my weight to"start" over. All of my Christmas meals are over and my pants don't fit anymore. Oops! Pulling it together again today!

Try not to worry most if that is just from being bloated, Least now it's over you can focus!
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I woke up, jumped on the scale, and I dropped just under the big 3 at 299.2. I ate non stop and sipped Irish cream all night. I tried to log everything but as soon as it came to all the trays and turkey dinner, I gave up. So I am pretty thrilled.
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm ready! I do have a special New Year's Eve dinner planned but otherwise it is back to basics!
  • 84rclaire
    84rclaire Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I gave my self three days to be bad, Christmas Eve, Christmas day and boxing day. Tomorrow it's back to the going stone starting with a 10k run. I know I can do it but it's gonna be hard after three days of nothingness!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I assume you don't have leftovers, lol. I'm going to try to stay away from the pie.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options

My baking begins tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'll start with ... depends what recipes I get ahold of by tomorrow afternoon. Might be attempting my grandmother's shortbread. Might be a pavlova. Maybe both.

The next day, I'm planning to make pancakes.

Then in a couple days, I'm hoping to do chocolate cake or chocolate brownies ... and a couple days later an apple/cherry crumble. Or maybe the other way around depending on the cherries.

I am hoping to get a recipe for cinnamon buns which can be cooked in a slow-cooker and if all goes well, I'll do them on the New Year's Weekend.

I think that's all the baking on my list at the moment. :)

I'm thinking I'll return to the diet on Jan 4 ... or maybe Jan 7 (after the last day of Christmas and Epiphany) or maybe wait until Jan 8 after the Orthodox Christmas ... or maybe wait till Monday 11th. :grin: I'm not fussed.
  • knolan147
    knolan147 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Time to put it behind us, not literally. My behind is big enough. Lol! But out of mind is the place for the big eat. :). 2016 here we come!
  • forbiddendonut
    forbiddendonut Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes! This holiday season has been baaaaad for me! Ever since Thanksgiving, I'm sad to say. I need to be ready for shorts/swimsuit weather, though, so it's on now!
  • cntrygrl1026
    cntrygrl1026 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love all of the optimism! It really helps my mindset.
    Here we go!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I'm already counting down the days till next year, when I can eat 4,000 calories again in a day with no regret at all, lol. :D
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't weigh myself until, the 28th but I had gained 4 pounds of water weight, via my last weigh in because 1 day, I was extremely thirsty. Unfortunately I had to have left overs because I wasn't well enough, to go grocery shopping. Although I ate small portions, it didn't keep me satiated long; so I ate often. Hopefully I don't have to eat, much tomorrow.
  • lauraj705
    lauraj705 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I still have a week where I'll likely be eating too much chocolate :). I'm trying to stay active, but January is when I'll really get back to it. Right now I'm just trying to get rid of the post Christmas bloat.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am starting back on December 28 too and I am going to look to you all for motivation to get me through the first week or so. I am so tired of eating and eating and eating I am actually looking forward to getting my act together again