New to MFP

dedicated649132
dedicated649132 Posts: 9 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all, I am trying to follow the rules on this site and it said to introduce myself so here it is! I will turn 35 this year and that has put the fear of God into me so I want to lose the squishiness for good. I'm not entirely sure what my goal is - the dreaded BMI says I should lose 15-60 pounds? I guess I'm shooting for 40 pounds for now. I love to run, but my knee injury is not letting me at this point so I am trying to work in walking, swimming and yoga if I can.

Here's to inspiration and support!

- Steamed Dumpling (my food nemesis and MFP nickname)

Replies

• Charmonix
    Charmonix Posts: 11 Member
    Welcome, I am fairly new here too!

I here that swimming is great exercise if you have an injury/ joint problems ect ! I am also looking to loose about 40 lbs, so good luck to you on your journey, and hope you enjoy the website!
  • HadraPriestess
    HadraPriestess Posts: 58 Member
    Great! Welcome aboard.
    I have been on about a month...have some great NSV as well as weight loss.
    I found some people to hang w/ and stay accountable and it is while worth
    every minute I log on.
    LIke you, this time for good. Find someone to inspire you and celebrate you are here
    for the greatest time of your life...learning how to REALLY take care of yourself.
    No luck to it...it is all hard worthwhile work!
  • well try the elipical because your knees are not moving as much/ plus you can burn alot of calories. i weigh like 175. and for 30 mins i burn 300 calories. and i see that you weigh more than me so you will burn more calories.. i see people burn like 450 to 500 in 35 mins. make sure you have your headset on. and playing the right kind of music so you wont be like im reeady to get off.. and you sweat alot on it to which is a good thing.. i jus started back doin cardio and i lost 2 lbs. cause i could lose weight for nuthing. i started gaining cause i was lifting weights. so im proud of the 2lbs i lost. im goin to see what the next two weeks bring me. oh and stay off the scale everyday. that will depress you.. jus work out. and those pant that wa a little tight try them on and if they feel better then got from there.. things i had to learn..
  • Pynkklady
    Pynkklady Posts: 51 Member
    Welcome!

This site is GREAT! Everyone is so supportive, I now refer to them as the MFP family. I've been using it for a week now and it's one of the best things I've done, I think.

I'm learning so much about nutrition and exercise and it helps to know there are others out there like me...the best support comes from those who have walked a mile in your moccasins, right?

Feel free to 'friend' me if you'd like.

Best of luck, you'll do great!
  • dedicated649132
    dedicated649132 Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks, everybody! I will try the elliptical when I can - I am stubborn because I really, really, REALLY love running the best. Everything else feels like work to me. But until I get these knees in working condition I will have to try everything that I can, right?
This discussion has been closed.