Sneakers?

Options
I've worn out my old sneakers and I'm ready to buy a new pair, but I want to make sure I get the right kind! I know there are shoes for training, running, walking, just about everything under the sun... My main exercises are walking (several miles a day) and aerobics (Zumba, circuit training, etc.). What kind of sneakers should I buy? I'm not too fussy about brands, I mostly just want to know what TYPE of shoe to get. Any ideas?

Replies

• kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    maybe some cross trainers??
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well all Im going to say is that my BF just bought me a new pair of shoes for my birthday last week. He bought me Nike Reax. I just jogged a 12 minute mile with no knee pain (I have a bum knee) and in my old shoes I could only do a 14 minute mile....i barely felt anything in my shins, feet, or knees while pounding the pavement =)
  • BFlowers2
    BFlowers2 Posts: 50
    Options
    It depends, RunTones from Reebok will actually boost your calorie burn, you can run and walk in them. All around exercise. And tone up at the same time (more so then normal) and work on your posture. If not then, i would go for Avia, these shoes are amazing and fairly affordable. US Triathlon endorsed as well. (I use to work at a shoe store, and I could sell anyone a pair of Avias!) They are comfortable on your feet. I have had my pair for 4 years almost!
  • BFlowers2
    BFlowers2 Posts: 50
    Options
    Yeah, the Nike shoes that can sync up to the ipod/phone are pretty good too!
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    As you do walking and quite high impact training (zumba and circuits) I would suggest running shoes as they take more impact. I have a dodgy knee, and even though I don't run (I do pretty much the same as you) I find my knee is not so affected if I wear running shoes .....

Mine are Nike by the way :smile:
  • SummerLuvR
    SummerLuvR Posts: 90
    Options
    The best thing I did was go to a shoe store that specializing in performance( running) shoes!! You should go there to a local store and ask their option. Some shops even have machines that will test your stride. I never spent so much on a pair of shoes before, but it has made all the difference. I have a very bad case of plantar fasciitis last summer that has completely cleared up. This year I started walking again and haven't had any back pain, knee pain or any recurrence of the PF.. Just my opinion. Yep I am telling everyone :))
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of KSWISS Tubes. I am a pretty big guy and they cushion my feet very well, though I don't run in them.... yet. I bought them because they received some very good reviews from people who owned them.
  • flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! :D