MFP is the new plenty of fish?

Options
Ladies, any of you keep getting friend requests and messages from men saying that you're sexy or adorable? Please tell me I'm not the only one. I use this strictly to get healthier. Am I missing something, is this some dating site too?

Replies

• Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Or men, I'm sure some of you get that also. I'm just pretty sure I put that I'm married on my profile... Is this normal here?
  • caffeinatedcami
    caffeinatedcami Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That is not typical as far as I know. The chit-chat forum does have a sort of 'flirty' reputation but the rest of MFP does not have that vibe at all. Sorry you've had to deal with that. Hopefully it is an isolated incident.
  • Kimegatron
    Options
    It's not, I'm just getting sick of it lol!
  • caffeinatedcami
    caffeinatedcami Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If you keep getting unwanted attention you should report it to the MFP moderators.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I've been here awhile and haven't had any of that.

Also, just for info, your profile is closed so peole who aren't friends can't see you are married or any of the other info.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    No, but that's probably because of the tentacles.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    No, but that's probably because of the tentacles.

I think they are adorable.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Definitely have not had that happen. Did you post in the Chit Chat section? I think that area tends to have a different "vibe" and may lead to more messages like that.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I get this occasionally, but my suggestion is to do the following->

Make your profile Public, just keep your feed private.
    Write something about being married and not adding people unless they have a valid reason.
    ^ This will let people see it, because right now you can't see anything
    Change your photo to something other than a picture of you smirking at the camera
    Don't add any friends unless they have a note about WHY they are adding you
    If it's a man and they haven't added a note on why they want to be friends, look at their profile. Do they have nothing other than women friends? Don't add them then.

@kgeyser Why can't we block users anymore from their profile?

I get this a lot less often nowadays but i've definitely received explicit and creepy messages from people. I've even received messages which bait me into believing they aren't creeps like "Hey, do you mind if i ask a few questions about your diet plan?" and i'm like "sure, what can i help with" and then they're all "Oh, by the way you're sexy." or "Hey sexy, have a good day!"

Honestly, it's crazy.
  • kalynbreann357
    kalynbreann357 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've gotten this once or twice in the past, I just ignore and move on.
  • Kimegatron
    Options
    Jeez I didn't know it was private. Well then I guess I brought it on. Oops!
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »

I didn't meant to imply that is what brought it on, just that it wasn't as obvious as you thought it was.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options

You didn't bring it on yourself, that shouldn't happen. But potential for that is reason # 23 I don't have a personal profile pic. (Not saying it would happen to me, but just in case.)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

Also, just for info, your profile is closed so peole who aren't friends can't see you are married or any of the other info.

How do you know that her profile is closed? When I click in the name of a member that information doesn't show anymore. It only shows when he/she enrolled in MFP and if I want to send a message or ignore. Did anything changed?
  • Kimegatron
    Options
    I have no idea how to open my about me from my phone. I'll have to do it when I get home I guess
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

How do you know that her profile is closed? When I click in the name of a member that information doesn't show anymore. It only shows when he/she enrolled in MFP and if I want to send a message or ignore. Did anything changed?

that's what it looks like when someone's profile is private. ;)
  • Kimegatron
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

You didn't bring it on yourself, that shouldn't happen. But potential for that is reason # 23 I don't have a personal profile pic. (Not saying it would happen to me, but just in case.)

Now I'm wondering what reasons 1-22 are
  • lovatt79
    lovatt79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Chance would be a fine thing
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Mine does that now, too, when it didn't before. Click on their picture on that new page and you'll go to their profile (or the private note if private). It's like a middle step stuck in there for some reason.