Let's put Christmas behind us

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Why would I want to put Christmas behind me? It was a great week of fun events with family and friends, and part of the memories include all the yummy foods. This isn't something I regret or want to forget. I'm up 3.5 lbs from a week ago but I know almost all of that is water and will go away soon enough.
  • workharder68
    workharder68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    All of your quotes help me so much!! Thank you all!! I hope to do a lot better tomorrow!! I really messed up today!!! I've been getting in my workouts, but still eating a lot and definitely Not the best food choices, Ugh!!
  • CurvesCreations22
    CurvesCreations22 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    We got this
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yup! I am ready to get serious again! Christmas foods were yummy, but we do have leftovers. The cookies I will not touch. Hubby made them, he can eat them. He loves chocolate, I don't. But, there is a Chocolate layered, pudding, whip cream, and some kind of candy bar type layered cake in a bowl that is awesome! I stayed under calories today, so I am doing good. I did weigh after Christmas just to check the damage...4 pounds up! I would think I would lose that in a week of being good with eating habits.
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm back on the horse again tomorrow but I've decided to not weigh myself for as long as possible to not get discouraged about what I gained over Christmas.
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Add me!! We can get thru this together!! Love to have some active and supportive friends. I am very active in here!
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yay! This is my favourite thread this Christmas season :smiley: 3,339 net calories over weekly goal this week, 3 days of total naughtiness, so there's a certain pound (though the scale is showing almost 4 lbs up this morning ... yikes!). Anyhow, I'm not stressed. Right back at 'er this morning, and actually psyched to be getting back into the routine. Thoroughly enjoyed every morsel and sip, but am finding comfort in returning to planned nutritious meals. We've got this people!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Lades and gentlemen, tomorrow we focus now on the beach body!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I won't be beach body ready, until after Summer 2016; is officially over. I'll be ready by Summer 2017 though, well unless by then; I have a man & we become pregnant! Then I'll be happy, not to be!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    84rclaire wrote: »
    I gave my self three days to be bad, Christmas Eve, Christmas day and boxing day. Tomorrow it's back to the going stone starting with a 10k run. I know I can do it but it's gonna be hard after three days of nothingness!!!

Snap! 3 days of badness lol, and now they're over, and actually I feel sick from too much sweet stuff, so I'm happy to be back to logging. I'm going shopping today, so lots of walking, then doing circuits this evening.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Why would I want to put Christmas behind me? It was a great week of fun events with family and friends, and part of the memories include all the yummy foods. This isn't something I regret or want to forget. I'm up 3.5 lbs from a week ago but I know almost all of that is water and will go away soon enough.

+1

Mine is a planned 2+ week diet break ... and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. :)
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration everyone! Enough !
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I'm still going to eat my leftover stocking candy... but I'll keep it logged, and in moderation. If I have to. :wink:
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Christmas isn't over yet!! It's 12 days long. :) And I'm on a diet break to the end. :grin:

My baking begins tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'll start with ... depends what recipes I get ahold of by tomorrow afternoon. Might be attempting my grandmother's shortbread. Might be a pavlova. Maybe both.

The next day, I'm planning to make pancakes.

Then in a couple days, I'm hoping to do chocolate cake or chocolate brownies ... and a couple days later an apple/cherry crumble. Or maybe the other way around depending on the cherries.

I am hoping to get a recipe for cinnamon buns which can be cooked in a slow-cooker and if all goes well, I'll do them on the New Year's Weekend.

I think that's all the baking on my list at the moment. :)

I'm thinking I'll return to the diet on Jan 4 ... or maybe Jan 7 (after the last day of Christmas and Epiphany) or maybe wait until Jan 8 after the Orthodox Christmas ... or maybe wait till Monday 11th. :grin: I'm not fussed.

For cinnamon buns have you heard of Land of Nod?? By Best of Bridge ladies not sure about the crock pot idea but you do leave them overnight and bake in morning! Add me and send mail if you want that recipe!

Also, I have been searching the Internet for years on the perfect shortbread! I'd be curious about her recipe!!!!!

Enjoy your baking ......your house must smell amazing!!!!!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I'm still going to eat my leftover stocking candy... but I'll keep it logged, and in moderation. If I have to. :wink:

Good girl I did the same with the stuffing, went down a treat.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Leftovers are almost gone! The chocolate trifle is gone! Hallelujah! We have cookies, but I will not eat those, my husband made brownies too and, those are his to eat too. So...really only ham, macaroni and cheese are leftovers to eat. And, I love the Macaroni & Cheese! I think I can finally not eat those tempting high calories that were...in the house.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Christmas isn't over yet!! It's 12 days long. :) And I'm on a diet break to the end. :grin:

My baking begins tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'll start with ... depends what recipes I get ahold of by tomorrow afternoon. Might be attempting my grandmother's shortbread. Might be a pavlova. Maybe both.

Then in a couple days, I'm hoping to do chocolate cake or chocolate brownies ... and a couple days later an apple/cherry crumble. Or maybe the other way around depending on the cherries.

I am hoping to get a recipe for cinnamon buns which can be cooked in a slow-cooker and if all goes well, I'll do them on the New Year's Weekend.

I'm thinking I'll return to the diet on Jan 4 ... or maybe Jan 7 (after the last day of Christmas and Epiphany) or maybe wait until Jan 8 after the Orthodox Christmas ... or maybe wait till Monday 11th. :grin: I'm not fussed.

For cinnamon buns have you heard of Land of Nod?? By Best of Bridge ladies not sure about the crock pot idea but you do leave them overnight and bake in morning! Add me and send mail if you want that recipe!

Also, I have been searching the Internet for years on the perfect shortbread! I'd be curious about her recipe!!!!!

This is the recipe my aunt gave me ...

http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/12/slow-cooker-cinnamon-rolls.html

You can't find cinnamon rolls here in Australia (not good ones anyway), so when she mentioned she had made that for Christmas morning breakfast ... I was very interested. :)
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I hate water weight. I'm up 5-6lbs. I checked with 2 scales too! WTf!!! I'm usually really good about not eating too many simple carbs but with all the parties and over indulging I can't seem to stop my cravings. I've managed to keep up with all my workouts but I've eaten at or above maintenance calories.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

This is the recipe my aunt gave me ...

http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/12/slow-cooker-cinnamon-rolls.html

You can't find cinnamon rolls here in Australia (not good ones anyway), so when she mentioned she had made that for Christmas morning breakfast ... I was very interested. :)

Even easier are the Christmas Morning Rolls. Just google them. So good and so easy. We only have them on Christmas morning.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    http://www.bestofbridge.com/2001/03/01/land-of-nod-cinnamon-buns/

@Machka9 These are so yummy!

OP......Looking forward to a couple more goodies around here! am not too far above my calories but thinking about getting back to eating what I should be eating & moving forward