Gaining Weight

Options
I am on here trying to gain weight. I have lots of restrictions unfortunately. I have celiac disease as well as gastroperisis (spelling is incorrect but a fancy term for a slow digesting stomach that can't handle fatty foods).

I've added nuts into my diet and have been trying to eat 6 small meals a day, but being a teacher makes it hard to snack!

Any suggestions on what foods I can introduce or what I can try to do?

Thank you!
-BFalc

Replies

• corinemh
    corinemh Posts: 22
    Options
    My mom was a teacher and now she is a principal and it just gets harder and harder for her to make sure that she gets what she needs. I am so sorry to hear about your diseases. I'm not sure of the restrictions but you could try taking things to work like trail mix, or even hard boiled eggs so you get your protein.
  • FJones43
    FJones43 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow with Celiac disease you have to be careful what you eat. If I were you I would consult my physician or even a nutritionist before taking our advice. (I have over 15 yrs exp in the medical field.)
  • bfalc
    bfalc Posts: 5
    Options
    Trail mix can work if I make my own, that is a good idea. Thank you both so much. I have seen a nutritionist when I was in college, but maybe now that my lifestyle has changed it would be a good idea to see one again.