Weight Loss After Depression or Medical Issues

Options
colleenprzybyla
colleenprzybyla Posts: 13 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hello,

I have been getting back to taking care of myself after 3 years of hardship. I lost 5 pregnancies, but kept the 20lbs of weight. It has been difficult to motivate when dealing with such emotional and physical trauma. But I am ready to put myself first again. The only thing we have control over is our physical and mental health when life spins in a difficult direction. Let's help each other to do this!

My goal is to loose 20lbs. I don't have a date set when this needs to happen, I'll just try my best and get there when I get there.

Weigh ins on Sundays

Replies

• Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you've faced so much difficulty over the past few years. I admire your spirit, and I truly believe you will accomplish your goal from your outlook alone!
  • colleenprzybyla
    Options
    Thank you! It's been s long time since I out my health first. It's motivation enough.
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's incredibly hard to make the commitment to yourself to come first. I have had the same problem. I've lost 6 pregnancies and then my husband started having major health issues... I just let myself go. I am truly sorry for your losses and hope you can find it in yourself to focus on you- it truly helps. Best of luck, one day at a time!
  • cryptogirl
    cryptogirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel for you and know how hard it is to feel in control of anything when life is so difficult. I need to take control of my eating and fitness so I fee strong to face the challenges I have ahead . Please add me:)
  • margaret_bodine
    margaret_bodine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this post. Am doing this program because of dangerously high cholesterol and pre-diabetes. I am 56. Having been through divorce, single parenting and unexpected loss of both parents in the past 15 years, I can tell you that it is crucial to dig deep and be good to yourself. Don't wait!! Today, you can choose to cherish the life you are creating. Find the light in the darkness. I have always put others first and let myself be last, barely taking care of my Self and am paying the price. I know have 3 and 1/2 months to lower my numbers or must face really long term consequences of cholesterol medicine and diabetes.
  • colleenprzybyla
    Options
    So glad you are here Margaret. I hope to see you on here with me daily. We can do it.
  • colleenprzybyla
    Options
    Rats2010 thanks for sharing. Recurrent pregnancy loss is so hard, it's like going through a death of a loved one and getting a medical diagnosis at the same time....in your case 5x! The only thing we have control over is treating ourselves well. Glad you are here.