New to posting

Options
I've used fitness pal on and off for quite a while to track foods. This is my first time posting in the community.

Until September of this year I was very active with exercising 5 to 6 days a week and then I was almost paralyzed with undiagnosed cervical lumbar spinal stenosis. Since October 7 I have had two surgeries the most recent December 16.

So right now I have to focus on my diet as my exercising capabilities is very limited. I still have to use a walker to walk and can only go for about a half mile. I am also only allowed to lift up to 8 pounds and can't bend or twist. I should be able to start physical therapy around January 20th.

I generally aim for a paleo-ish diet. If anyone has recipes to share that would be great !!!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,212 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the dark side... Um I mean, forums!

I hope you start feeling better soon, and that the most recent surgery fixes everything. Good luck with physical therapy!
  • celliewonder
    celliewonder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I hope January 20th comes quickly for you! I'm not familiar with the paleo diet so I'm not sure what recipes to recommend.

It's my first time on my fitness pal and doing any sort of dark side ;) thought it would be good to try something new!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome !
  • celliewonder
    celliewonder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Have you been doing this for awhile or are you new, too?