Let's Start The New Year's Resolutions Together

Options
Howdy from Texas. :D I would like to introduce myself to the community -Am 37 years old and overweight (I want to lose 20lbs to start- goal 1). I am looking for support, motivation and ideas. I am starting my New Year's Resolution a week early and I plan to keep with it. Anyone starting a New Year's Resolution? Feel free to join me- add me or leave a comment about your New Year's Resolution below.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Good for you, deciding to start NOW rather than wait. You've got this! Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • RichelleIArchard
    Options
    I'm starting my resolutions now too.
    I used to be in really good shape, but over the past 4-5 years I've let myself go.
    I'm tired of feeling crappie about myself....and it's time to stop complaining and start doing something about it.
    I need encouragement
  • fionawimhurst441
    fionawimhurst441 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have just unsubscribed from Weight Watchers as I dont think I have been eating enough going to see how this goes. Trying this out for now but start properly in the new year .From Scotland but live in cold wet dreary Derby.
  • bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Texas. :D I would like to introduce myself to the community -Am 37 years old and overweight (I want to lose 20lbs to start- goal 1). I am looking for support, motivation and ideas. I am starting my New Year's Resolution a week early and I plan to keep with it. Anyone starting a New Year's Resolution? Feel free to join me- add me or leave a comment about your New Year's Resolution below.

Great that your starting now instead of the regular Jan 1 way of things. I got about 20 lbs to lose and then to firm up the full body. Summer bodies are made in the winter
  • Blonde0706
    Blonde0706 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also quit Weight Watchers after 6 weeks. I felt "punished" for snacking on nuts and drinking orange juice, both are clean, unprocessed foods but cost more Points than a handful of potato chips.

New Year's Resolutions inspire me! It's a fresh year, and a fresh start.
  • cryptogirl
    cryptogirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Add me too I'm starting now and mean it
  • contreras86
    contreras86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also starting early this is exactly what I need!
  • Betsey206
    Betsey206 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    From Whitney Ontario Canada. I have 70 lbs to lose.Starting this week to be more active along with monitoring my food intake ... make better choices. We can do this.
  • kchaisson05
    kchaisson05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from neighboring Louisiana! My goal is to ultimately lose 50lbs! However I'm focusing on losing just 10lbs at a time.... I'd rather walk up a hill than a mountain. :)
  • stone_kitty_31
    stone_kitty_31 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have just unsubscribed from Weight Watchers as I dont think I have been eating enough going to see how this goes. Trying this out for now but start properly in the new year .From Scotland but live in cold wet dreary Derby.

I wanted to try Weight Watcher's, but got mix reviews from people. It's cool if you want to start in the new year, you got my support. I just wanted get on the ball on my new years resolution so I can keep it rolling into 2016 :smiley:
  • stone_kitty_31
    stone_kitty_31 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from neighboring Louisiana! My goal is to ultimately lose 50lbs! However I'm focusing on losing just 10lbs at a time.... I'd rather walk up a hill than a mountain. :)

Hi! I know what you mean. Have to set reachable goal and take it one step at a time. We can do this!!! B)