Replies

• rachgettinfit
    rachgettinfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'll add you :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Didn't you have another thread saying you needed to lose more than 2 lbs/week? If you only have 20 lbs total to lose, what's the rush OP? You should really be aiming for about 0.5 lbs/week to preserve lean muscle.
  • enzaloccisano
    enzaloccisano Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I want to lose more than 2lbs a week! And no, the longer I take my time to lose the 20 the higher in chance of failing.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I want to lose more than 2lbs a week! And no, the longer I take my time to lose the 20 the higher in chance of failing.

But if you resort to crash dieting, aren't you more likely to gain the weight back once you resume a "normal" diet? Why don't you keep the weight loss pace slow and eat in a way that you'll be able to maintain for the rest of your life?

Heck, I lost 15 pounds the past year. My average weekly loss would be a bit above 0.25 pounds lost per week (125kcal daily deficit from my maintenance calories), but I'm eating in a way that I know I will be able to continue for the rest of my life. Sure, I could have done some stupid "cleanse" and lost the 15 pounds in 2-3 weeks by starving myself, but it would have been very likely that I would begin to binge far above my maintenance calories once the "cleanse" was over and I was allowed to eat normally (and would easily regain at least half -if not more- of the weight back).
  • WinoGelato
    edited December 2015
    Options

In order to lose more than 2 lbs/week you have to create a deficit of more than 1000 cals/day. It is very unlikely that you can do this without going below 1200 cals/day total intake which is not healthy nor sustainable. Not to mention you risk losing lean muscle mass. And then what happens at the end of 10 weeks or less? You have to add back in those 1000 or so calories to maintain the loss but that's a huge swing the other way. That type of rapid weight loss due to aggressive methods almost always results in weight being regained and an entry into yo yo dieting...
  • enzaloccisano
    enzaloccisano Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Now do you all understand my SOS! Lol I'm clueless
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    OP go to the top of the Getting Started forum section and read the thread called "most helpful links" especially "so you're new here" and "a guide to get you started on your path to sexy pants". These will help give you some great advice about how to be successful with this tool.

Sorry can't link them I'm on my phone but they shouldn't be hard to find.

Good luck!