Have achieved a new low, broke the scale this morning! Giggity!

Options
Woke up this morning, toss the alarm clock to some foreign corner of my room, stretch, mumble a few expletives because I am having to go to work on a Saturday after Christmas, and make my way to the bathroom. Do the business, disrobe, and hop on the scale for another exciting weigh in. I was met with a symphony of cracks and snaps, and am pretty sure I heard the scale pleading for mercy as it measures my overweight *kitten*. RIP scale, you have been a trooper.

So there it is, my new, all time, I am a large, large man and have failed at doing a thing about it low. Happy Belated Christmas, new potential friends. I weighed in (yes, that little *kitten* gave me a final number before expiring) at 401 pounds. 401!!!!!!!! Let's think about this. that is like 4 great danes. Nearly a quarter of a ton. Sweet baby Jesus. Crikey. I want to be down around 190 or so, so have 211 pounds to drop. Who is with me? I am looking for guys and girls. Single or married or in a relationship. Big or small. Tall or Short. Sarcastic or dead serious. All I require is a good attitude and nice criticism. Don't slam me for trying! I am married to my beautiful wife, turn 30 next month, and want to live a long life. Send me those friend requests! **Cracks Knuckles** I am ready for ya!

Replies

• michelleegray243
    michelleegray243 Posts: 25 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Your post...lol. A sense of humor is vital to losing weight. You need to laugh sometimes, ya know? Kudos for your honesty. I'll be your friend!
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It can be done. The scale's the problem and it can be made to conform to your wishes. It has no choice but to follow your lead. Yeah, there might be a little more to it than that but weight loss only has to be as complicated as you want to make it. Sounds like you might really be serious so add me if you think I can be of any help :smiley:
  • JesmineDNCS
    JesmineDNCS Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love your sense of humour :smiley: I've been struggling for years and am finally losing little by little. I'll join ya!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me ....Wishing you much success ...WE GOT THIS :)
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Your post made me laugh! I like your sense of humour. Good luck, you can do it if you really want to,
  • jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Would be happy to be your friend! I started this middle of July and weighed in at 326. I have since lost 76lbs. I take no mercy on myself during workout but always remember to be realistic and listen to my body. You can definitely do this! I am now at 249, but I suspect Christmas and my 3 day binge has since changed that number to slickly higher. We'll see tomorrow. :p
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Your sense of humor is hilarious!! Welcome to mfp !!!
  • Betsey206
    Betsey206 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can add me .... I landed at 222 this morning .... let's do this together. You keep your chin up and hug your beautiful wife. you will find all kinds of wonderful people here for support.
  • Panda3270
    Panda3270 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love your humor! You can do it!!
  • mammashine
    mammashine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    stvnmrtn wrote: »
    Woke up this morning, toss the alarm clock to some foreign corner of my room, stretch, mumble a few expletives because I am having to go to work on a Saturday after Christmas, and make my way to the bathroom. Do the business, disrobe, and hop on the scale for another exciting weigh in. I was met with a symphony of cracks and snaps, and am pretty sure I heard the scale pleading for mercy as it measures my overweight *kitten*. RIP scale, you have been a trooper.

So there it is, my new, all time, I am a large, large man and have failed at doing a thing about it low. Happy Belated Christmas, new potential friends. I weighed in (yes, that little *kitten* gave me a final number before expiring) at 401 pounds. 401!!!!!!!! Let's think about this. that is like 4 great danes. Nearly a quarter of a ton. Sweet baby Jesus. Crikey. I want to be down around 190 or so, so have 211 pounds to drop. Who is with me? I am looking for guys and girls. Single or married or in a relationship. Big or small. Tall or Short. Sarcastic or dead serious. All I require is a good attitude and nice criticism. Don't slam me for trying! I am married to my beautiful wife, turn 30 next month, and want to live a long life. Send me those friend requests! **Cracks Knuckles** I am ready for ya!

• mammashine
    mammashine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
    I need to lose around 150...god help me, how did this happen?
  • KandiKan
    KandiKan Posts: 7 Member
    Options

• KandiKan
    KandiKan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! My scale made a few noises too when I stepped on today :( we got this!!
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in the "Never Done Anything About It" boat, too!
    This is day 42 in MFP, and I'm at least twelve pounds down. Bought a scale after the first 10 days (which was probably a good thing, as after ten days of serious exercise, I weighed in at near 40 pounds over what I imagined myself to weigh! Oof.)
    But I"d been at it for a short bit already, so shrugged it off, and got to it.
    Much like your blasted scale.
    On to it, then, Man!!
    Away we go.
    -Stephanie
    (Very Happy Wife and Mama, 70 + a bit to go.)