Don't want to be the "Big Girl" anymore - 100+ pounds to shed

Options
I've been "the big girl" my whole life. I embraced and accepted it - until today.
I stepped on the scale and it creaked and groaned before telling me the bad news: 343 pounds. And my dad asked if I broke the scale. Ouch.
But today I woke up with determination. The same determination I had in college when I lost 75 pounds my freshman year. I can do this - but I need help. I can commit to MFP. I can commit to being a good encourager on here - but I need friends to go on this journey with me. Whether you need to lose 150 pounds or 75 or 10.

Replies

• lainaprovince
    lainaprovince Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend on this journey! I decided the same thing today! I need to lose about 140 pounds to be at my ideal weight
  • fitmamaliving
    fitmamaliving Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 110, let's do this together! Although I don't know how to friend people.
  • mdelynn01
    mdelynn01 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose 100 lbs to get down to 140 lbs. I've been on my weightloss quest since August. I am down 45.5 lbs now and want to be down 60 lbs for valentines. MFP is the way to do it and the only way I have lost in the past. So many scams out there and I think I have tired them all. Keep with it. Please add me as a friend.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ... I have been on here almost a year and I am not going anywhere anytime soon ...Would love to support/encourage you ..Wishing you much success :)
  • katoliroo
    katoliroo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to add but feel free to add me. I have hundreds of pounds to lose... its too big a goal at present. I.m starting with a stone to give me the achievable kick! Really need encouraged so happy to motivate back!
  • 140DeeDee
    140DeeDee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New on here I've got about 150 to lose be grateful for some adds. Good luck on your journey everyone.
  • successiswithinme
    successiswithinme Posts: 91 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    All of you feel free to add me as friends. I would love extra encouragement too. I need to loose about 20-25 lbs. but more importantly monitor my diet for health reasons: (cholesterol, pre diabetic and pre hypertension). If I dont make changes by March I will be put on meds so I am trying real hard.... Lets all work together and I hope you want to add me as a friend.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @dvankuiken Good luck! Looks like you've been on MFP for a while. Stay connected to your goals.

I don't know where you are in your journey. So, my apologies if I'm over simplify things.

1.People
    2.Buy a good cookbook/ reasonable healthy recipes. plan meals and snacks.
    3. Food scale
    4. Honesty logging- very few of us have an ideal diary. Mines horrible.
    5. Find an activity you tolerate or enjoy.
    6. Dig in and embrace your goals. We'll be here to help you along.

Have a Happy new year.

• Oseguera1991
    Oseguera1991 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • midge_m
    midge_m Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Down 32 of 115 so far here. Feel free to add me!
  • enoughisenough3565
    Options
    I need to lose roughtly 130 and could use all the support I can get! Please feel free to add me as well :)
  • jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose roughly 130 lbs and I am looking for positive and motivated friends as well on this mission! Friend request on it's way!

Anyone else feel free to add me as well :)
  • mammashine
    mammashine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need to lose around 150. I'm 56 and my hips knees and back need this to happen. I do love this app so I'm hopeful.
  • hgoltz
    hgoltz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm back after another baby! Feel free to add me as well. I have about 125 pounds to lose.
  • Piskie26
    Piskie26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for the same thing! After seeing the Christmas pictures I feel so ashamed I've let myself get so big! I'm looking to lose 70lbs and with my 30th next year I'm determined!! Not sure how to add friends but would love find friendly motivated people going through the same thing. I'm a great motivator but it just never seems to work on myself!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    You can do it...check out this board here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

One day, one pound, one step at a time!!

d4h9mc5ksgdl.png
  • SClayton2628
    SClayton2628 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you on your journey! I have around 90lbs to shed, this is my first time using MFP!

Feel free to friend me... I haven't figured that part out yet! X
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I've lost 90 from my heaviest, 20 more to go. It's SO worth the effort. Remember that when you have down days.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you - I need to lose around 100 lbs. I'm not concerned with being 'the big girl', per say - I just want to get rid of my huge belly, and like my body for once! So let's do this!! :)