Chalean extreme

So i am super excited i ordered chalean extreme!!!! I can not wait to start! Any pointers, suggestion, tips for this workout?:happy:

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    I just started Turbo Fire yesterday. I'm sure whatever workout you choose by Charlene Johnson will get you the results you want!
  • kels67
    kels67 Posts: 41
    I am looking forward to some great results. No one has any good info?
  • myroots
    myroots Posts: 120 Member
    I just started week 7 of Chalean/Turbo FIre hybrid. You need lots of different weights to be completely effective. I have adjustable weights up to 25 pounds and for a few things I think I could go a little heavier (Push Phase).
    Otherwise just listen to Chalene. She has all the great tips and advice.
    And have fun. You will love how strong you will get.
  • mom2boys75
    mom2boys75 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm doing ChaLEAN Extreme right now and I LOVE it! There are three phases and each phase is 4 weeks long (she also has a maintenance program after you've completed the entire program). I've completed the first phase (the Burn phase), and am now in my second week of the second phase (the Push phase). Unfortunately, when I started I didn't measure myself, so I don't have any specific statistics other than to tell you that several pairs of pants that used to be tight on me now are loose! Yay! I have only lost 4 pounds, but I'm struggling with menopause weight, plus if I'm perfectly honest with myself, I haven't been as diligent with my diet as I should be. But I'm working on that! : )

You lift pretty heavy weights in phase 2 (I'm currently using 25 and 30-pound weights for squat exercises). My wonderful husband bought me the SelecTech weights for my birthday this year and although you don't have to have them, they have really helped my workouts during this second phase.

I also have Chalene Johnson's TurboFire program and it includes information on doing a "hybrid" plan which is a combination of TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme. When I have finished the Extreme program, I'm planning to do the hybrid.

Good luck and have fun!
  • kels67
    kels67 Posts: 41
    Thanks for the info. Do you guys prefer dumbells or resistance bands?
  • Steph62002
    Steph62002 Posts: 91
    I'm in the second week of the Push phase and I love it! Another ditto for heavy weights. I prefer dumbells over resistance bands, but that's just my preference. I'm sure you would still get good results with the bands, I just like lifting free weights. As Chalene says "go heavy or go home!" I am using 25-30 lbs for my lower body and 15-20 lbs for my upper body. Another thing that I like is the fact that Chalene really focuses on form, which is easy to let slide. If you perfect your form, you will notice a big difference when lifting!
  • mom2boys75
    mom2boys75 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm in the second week of the Push phase and I love it! Another ditto for heavy weights. I prefer dumbells over resistance bands, but that's just my preference. I'm sure you would still get good results with the bands, I just like lifting free weights. As Chalene says "go heavy or go home!" I am using 25-30 lbs for my lower body and 15-20 lbs for my upper body. Another thing that I like is the fact that Chalene really focuses on form, which is easy to let slide. If you perfect your form, you will notice a big difference when lifting!

You go girl! I prefer using dumbells -- nothing against resistance bands because I've used them in other workouts. The SelecTech weights are expensive, but I am totally in love with them -- having them during this second phase has really made a difference for me.
  • Steph62002
    Steph62002 Posts: 91
    Thanks! I have been coveting the SelectTech weights for awhile now. I've been stalking them on Amazon and just saw they have lowered to $329 with free shipping! I might have to go ahead and pull the trigger..
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    I just finished the first week of the Burn Phase and I have been very impressed .. at first I was going to use just resistance bands and then I decided to try with dumbells. I have 5 lbs and an adjustable weight set but it only increments in 5 lb changes.. I saw the SelectTechs and decided it was worth the money.. like momof2boys75, I am watching my calories (logging it all) but not really focusing on any specific diet plan. I have used Chalene's TurboJam .. and really struggled trying to decide between this and TurboFire, I chose this because I really want to strengthen and tone - maybe once I am done that, I will see if I want TurboFire.

This will be the first time I have ever done a program the way it is directed - I have a lot of dvd's and I usually just do what I feel like that time..