I'm back and ready to lose these 150 pounds

Options
Hey y'all!!! My name is Jay, I am a 24 year old small business owner and musician originally from Pittsburgh now residing in Delaware. If I said "I don't know how I got to this weight" I'd definitely be lying lol but now I'm ready to take my life back because I refuse to continue this slow suicide any longer. It's time to LIVE and that means that I have to get healthy. i definitely need all of the help i can get and hope to help you as well. Let's go!!

Replies

• Marvel150
    Marvel150 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How is it coming along? I was originally thinking about starting something next year, but my doctor told me about this last week so I joined and got the ball rolling.

I turn 49 on January 6, 2017 so I have given myself this next year to lose 167 lbs.

I started last week at 317.8 and I met my short term goal to lose 5 lbs yesterday when I went to my doctor...312.4!

I will weigh again next Monday and have a 7 lb weight loss goal because I plan to exercise more this week than I did last week.

Add me if you want to take this journey together.
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have about 150 lbs to lose. I have been on my journey since just before Thanksgiving. I had some health issues that got me a little scared so I am now taking the steps I need to get healthy.

I am seeing a lifestyle coach at work who is helping me with my food/calorie intake. I have not incorporated exercise in as of yet because I need to concentrate on my food first. I have had some very bad habits that are going to take some time to conquer. But I am confident that I will succeed.

Feel free to add me for support or motivation, or just to chat!
  • JALaReine
    JALaReine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! And you'll definitely be successful! Great job so far.
  • mummyharper
    mummyharper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 302 lb. I've lost about 50 in the last 3 years but I'm determined to kick my butt now. I'm following the slimming world diet here in the UK, which is basically clean eating.
    :)
  • dvankuiken
    dvankuiken Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm Dawn.
    This is the first time I've logged in in over a year. The difference being now I have the motivation. I'm 343 pounds - I just weighed myself this morning - and I cried for a full ten minutes but also decided that today is the starting point of a new me. You are going to do great! Especially with lots of support. Please feel free to add me as I'd love to be in your support network and vice versa.
  • jdubyk53
    jdubyk53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all ! I am new and starting my quest to lose 95 lbs, and keep it off
  • JALaReine
    JALaReine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello to you all!!!!!! We can do this! I believe in each and every one of us! I've added you all, hopefully together we can push each other towards our goals!
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    jdubyk53 wrote: »
    Hello all ! I am new and starting my quest to lose 95 lbs, and keep it off

Hi! You will find an abundance of support from others here. I have 100+ pounds to lose. We will do it together! Feel free to add me if you haven't already!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Check out this board http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

One day, one pound, one step at a time..it IS doable

019vz3c4puzj.png

• KandiKan
    KandiKan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all, I'm Kandi and want to join in on this weight loss journey! Add me and let's support one another!! We Got this!!