Weight Watchers

Options
Do any of you follow the weight watchers program?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
  • foreverfitforeverstrong60
    Options
    I just started!
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I used to. I have an issue with the promotion of ww food and sodas (waist watchers soda is a WW product) that doesn't fit in with my whole foods approach to eating. However, there is a lot of research behind ww. They are a fine company for helping folks lose weight in an accountable environment. Also look into TOPS and Overeaters Anonymous for less expensive alternatives.
  • IrenaKaraman
    IrenaKaraman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers & lost 45pounds. I love the program & it's only "diet" that I managed to stick to in my life. I don't track it anymore or follow program but I stick to some principles in order not to get big again. I kept my weight off for 1.5year now. But... I did train as well, regularly.
  • songbird13291
    songbird13291 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've done Weight Watchers, on and off, for years. I like flexibility and I like that you can eat any food you want, in moderation. I'm seriously thinking about dropping it, though. The newest version of the plan, Smart Points, isn't working for me. The new plan basically steers you away from carbs, and I do not function well on a plan that eliminates an entire food group.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Does it eliminate or reduce carbs. I am losing weight and feeling good on 100-130 grams of carb per day.
  • Rondholz
    Rondholz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a lifetime weight watcher member and do not like the new program. I followed it religously for 3 weeks and gained 2.4 pounds. I didn't even indulge in any holiday goodies!! I am dropping Smart Points and trying to track my calories through this program to lose the weight I gained over the last 3 weeks.
  • Shawnee63
    Shawnee63 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just joined WW Saturday, but I can't grasp just what the "new" program is about. Why do you say it steers you away from carbs? What I thought is that its encouraging us to build our meals around protein and "good" carbs I.e. more fruit and veggies. I'm just so confused, lol
  • Orione2
    Orione2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I joined WW about 10 weeks ago and for the first time in 20 years am steadily losing about 1lb a week. I don't buy WW products, I've always home cooked from scratch and continue to do so as I enjoy cooking. No one forces you to buy them Just like no one is standing by the sweet counter in the supermarket forcing us to eat choccy. The new plan was a bit strange at first but it does encourage healthy carbs and good fats. It's definitely not low carb unless you want it to be, infact WW is what every you want it to be as you can eat everything as long as you count. It just pushes you towards healthy choices.
    I do loads of bicycling now and still manage to fit in a protein shake after a workout and use my weeklies for big workout days. The best part is weigh in nights keep me accountable.