Hello from Virginia.

Options
Hello all! I'm from VA and I'm just trying to get in shape! I've gained 20 pounds since I stopped breastfeeding and I think it is due to lack of calories burned. I also have eaten out much more due to my busy lifestyle but I plan on setting goals to eat no more than twice a week at fast food and then decreasing it to once a week in the following week. I also am aiming to make healthier choices when I go out to eat as well. It is challenging to not eat what I want but I also understand the implications of it as well. I'm 5'6 and weigh 145 pounds. Although that is not what some would call overweight, it is enough to be alarming to me because I know that what I'm gaining is not muscle, but fat. I also just want to feel better about myself in general and avoid huge medical bills in the future based on my lack of caring. I feel that we are what we eat, and if we eat junk, our body feels like it's got junk in it. I'm guilty of eating wrong and I'm hoping to exercise more (at least once a week and then increase to at least 2-3x's a week) and to avoid sickness more. My acne is crazy and I hope exercise, water, and eating right will help tremendously. I can't wait to meet some of you all!

Replies

• kristendanee
    kristendanee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello from West Virgina!! Good luck with your goal!!
  • bounddetermined2009
    Options
    Thank you @kristendanee
  • sllida
    sllida Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in Maryland nit for away feel free to add me
  • glee2179
    glee2179 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi in Va as well. Looking for accountability with a 20lb weight loss goal. Been struggling up and down since having my baby. I'll do great for a streak and then life happens and then I am last priority. Can't tell you how much I have spent on trainers and still at the same weight as when I started. Need a check in and someone to keep me honest. Any takers out there?
  • jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hey from VA as well!
  • realactive78
    realactive78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    VA here! It's all about staying active and controlling your portions! You can eat whatever you want, provided you aren't having huge portions. I dropped 60lbs just by reducing my portions, eating healthier and working out 60 mins a day, 5 days a week! Just get out there, get moving and get those pounds off!
  • bounddetermined2009
    Options
    sllida wrote: »
    Hi I'm in Maryland nit for away feel free to add me
    Nice to meet you!

• bounddetermined2009
    Options
    jrevis001 wrote: »
    Hey from VA as well!
    Awesome! Nice to meet you!
  • bounddetermined2009
    Options
    VA here! It's all about staying active and controlling your portions! You can eat whatever you want, provided you aren't having huge portions. I dropped 60lbs just by reducing my portions, eating healthier and working out 60 mins a day, 5 days a week! Just get out there, get moving and get those pounds off!
    Thanks! I was good about that until I ate too much fast food. Fries and jalapeño poppers are my weakness! Oh and donuts lol.

• monsoon91
    monsoon91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was really excited to see a post about Virginia! I'm in South Eastern VA!
  • bounddetermined2009
    Options
    monsoon91 wrote: »
    I was really excited to see a post about Virginia! I'm in South Eastern VA!

Awesome! I'm from Southwest Va :)
  • ejhankle
    ejhankle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Maryland! Good luck!!!
  • bounddetermined2009
    Options
    ejhankle wrote: »
    Welcome from Maryland! Good luck!!!

Thank you! :)