♥ She was RUNNNNNN-INNNNN!!

Options
♥ Hey Friends!!!
Just Curious How often everyone buys new workout shoes????

Replies

• Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    ♥ Hey Friends!!!
    Just Curious How often everyone buys new workout shoes????

If you mean "running shoes", then about every 400-500 miles.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Ooooohhhhhh.... I wanna know! I'm terrible about having just one pair of tennis shoes and keeping them for four years at a time. :ohwell:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm picky about my running shoes (I only wear Nike Pegasus). I usually replace them every 6 months or so. I can tell when they've broken down and I need new ones. My back will start to hurt.
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Any time I feel a change in my stride or my legs ache after a very normal run. It usually is around 300-400 miles for me. But honestly, I don't count all my miles to know exactly. I just can figure it out roughly. If you have any changes in how your foot feels or your legs (even hips and back can come into play) after you run, it may be time for a new pair.

Oh, and if you use inserts get a new set every time you get new shoes, no matter what anyone says. They tend to form to the shoes and not just your foot and if you move them from shoe to shoe you can end up with issues. -Just a tip.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I can get about 400 miles out of my shoes (= ~ 2 months). I alternate between two pairs of the same shoes.
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ooooohhhhhh.... I wanna know! I'm terrible about having just one pair of tennis shoes and keeping them for four years at a time. :ohwell:

Lol i have shoes from like high school still!!! lol (7-8 years!!) lol i dont use them from working out but i do have them!! lol
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your question...just had to say that I LOVE the Topic Line!!! RUUUUNNNNN FORRRRESSSTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heehehe
  • halfmarathon52
    halfmarathon52 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I switch at about ever 600km. But make sure you get shoes that work for you. Go to a store that has someone who will watch while you walk and see if your pronate or not.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    -lol- I still love our personal "running call" Shell :P
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    -lol- I still love our personal "running call" Shell :P
    HAHAHA...definitely!!