Trying to loose a lifetime of being overweight

Options
Hey all. It's been a nutritionally confusing life. Sometimes I wondered why I couldn't lose and every year since I was about 14 (32 now) I'd gain about 5 lbs. I unfortunately have been around many people that did not struggle with these issue. I'm trying to watch the calories, exercise daily and reduce/counter my life stress-stick to the basics, right? Hopefully, putting it out there will help.

Replies

• Margrettte1952
    Margrettte1952 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi..I can so relate..lose lose..gain gain gain..then 5 years ago two things changed in my life I stopped eating wheat (an issue for me) studied the book WheatBelly and lost 60 lbs ..have maintained my weight loss after working the tools in the book. The Beck Diet Solution..and it changed how I think about food..hunger..commitment to myself..gave me the tools so that I did not quit.. any diet you choose..just choose..stick to it..sounds simple but with tools you can stick it out and win this battle of obesity. Good luck on your journey and let me know if I can help you in any way to encourage you
  • missdirection83
    missdirection83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The most difficult part for me is managing stress. I've had too many things happen to me in the past 15 years and I've been trying to shake them off. Eating has been the only vice because I don't really have any other outlet. Thanks for listening, maybe it it help to talk about it.