Evening urge to binge!

Options
MrsTomy
MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
I do great during the day! My meals are healthy, my snacks are too...I drink plenty of water. But every night around 8pm i just CRAVE FOOD! :noway: I'm not hungry at all... but I just wanna snack snack snack!!! Any suggestions to control the urge!?!?

Replies

• MrsTomy
    Options
    I do great during the day! My meals are healthy, my snacks are too...I drink plenty of water. But every night around 8pm i just CRAVE FOOD! :noway: I'm not hungry at all... but I just wanna snack snack snack!!! Any suggestions to control the urge!?!?
  • shewearsvans
    Options
    yep I have the same problem, so I just go to bed.

119098.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I try to avoid the cravings and drink water.
  • randa79
    randa79 Posts: 14
    Options
    I know what you mean! Try chewing a piece of gum. :smile:
  • fit4fun
    fit4fun Posts: 84
    Options
    I make my favorite mint tea and use splenda...sweet...no calories. But it's a tough struggle!
  • cwalbrj
    cwalbrj Posts: 61
    Options
    I save back some calories for my evening snack. I like the 100 calorie popcorn bags - you feel like your getting a lot of bang for the buck. I also love my Weight Watchers giant fudge bars (110 cals) and my 80 calorie pudding cups. But I always drink lots of water at night, it really does help. Don't fight it, just plan for it... :glasses:
  • MrsTomy
    Options
    Good Idea! I had cals left today so Im having 100 cal popcorn. I'll try to leave at least 100 cals for an evening snack! :blushing:
  • terraw
    terraw Posts: 40
    Options
    I love the 100 cal popcorn. Thats usually my nightly snack while watching tv or a movie. I feel satisfied when I am done.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    There is a no late night snacking thread... You should join us. It is a challenge, but very supportive.
    Wanda
  • smsmithart
    smsmithart Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem the hot tea help me too but sometimes i give in
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    get some psyllum husk fiber powder and take a full serving with large glass of water
    wait 15 minutes....and keep your mind on a simple task like actually cleaning something...the toilet...the sink......after 15 minutes...boom...good to go

good luck
    Dave
  • MrsTomy
    Options
    I almost did it! I made myself a bowl of ice cream... :blushing: ...and took one bite...and then i threw it out! It's 9:30 and I don't need ice cream and i'm not even hungry!!! NO BINGE EATING!!!!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I cant talk since I do the same thing. All week I usually do well but starting Thursdays..bamm out comes the crappy food.
    During the week I always leave room for a snack. I LOVE Quaker mini rice cakes, also try yogurt (try and find the lightest calorie ones), Sugar free jello, sorbets, or try a 100 calorie ice cream treat etc etc etc.
    It is so HARD. I could (and have) consumed my daily intake of calories in 1 night time binge easily..
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I usually binge when I have a couple drinks.... I then want pizza, mozzarella sticks (the deep fried type), Burger king, Candy bars, Beef jerky or beef sticks. I could empty my fridge during/after a night of drinking. It is really scary. It makes me think that my depression medication isn't working and I am at the highest dosage that the doctor will give me... I would have to try a totally different medication.
  • shellnae
    shellnae Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started and I have this same problem. I really liked the suggestions given thanks so much. I have increased my water intake, but the Mountain Dews aren't gone yet. I have one a day limit now, if any at all. Everyone on here is so great and supportive!!!:wink:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea...

When you have that urge to rampage the kitchen and you aren't even hungry, it means you've got a lot of energy - whether it's from anxiety or just the second wind after getting home from work and enjoying an evening to yourself...

So, why not make productive use of that energy and EXERCISE INSTEAD OF EATING!

Then, keep some lettuce on hand in case you still need to stuff your face. Hey, I'm eating a head of romaine right now. :tongue:
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I just saw a thought on another thread....

When you want to eat after your cut off time, do a craft project... a tie blanket, a scrap book page, needle work, whatever your interest. Even if you sit down and write a letter or two to extended family or friends.

Just another thought anyway.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    green tea helps!
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I just saw a thought on another thread....

When you want to eat after your cut off time, do a craft project... a tie blanket, a scrap book page, needle work, whatever your interest. Even if you sit down and write a letter or two to extended family or friends.

Just another thought anyway.

Exactly. Use that energy - both physical and emotional - to do something other than eat.

Being thin is a matter of learning to burn calories more readily than you consume them.
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I binged last night. Having serious buyers remorse today.

I binged in my car while driving home from the grocery store (I went from the gym to the grocery store). It all started with an $0.88 sale.

Damn I was doing so well.