Christmas fallout

Options
So who else has gone completely off the rails in the past few days?!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Days? Try weeks....
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Yep! Mee too, and I am not planning on trying to do anything except move until Jan 4th!
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Too much food, too much booze, not enough exercise. Boxing Day I got in a walk, and yesterday I weighed in 4 lbs heavier (I know a lot was water retention, but still not cool) which motivated some better food choices, no booze, and a 10 km walk. A few days of indulgence doesn't make for failure; but getting back on track is the only way to guarantee success. I've given up on giving in to failure, and I'm big into forgiving myself for slips these days instead of getting bogged down with how poorly I've done.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    "I've given up on giving in to failure, and I'm big into forgiving myself for slips these days instead of getting bogged down with how poorly I've done."
    Love this quote. So true. a few days of indulgence just needs to be counter-balanced with a few days of attentiveness!

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Christmas Day and Boxing Day were my big indulgence days. The rest of the month has been great. Normal service resumed yesterday and I actually found it easier than I expected.
  • glitterr0cks
    glitterr0cks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself its okay because its the holidays and also because I am pregnant so why not indulge? But even I know that its not gonna help me reach my goals any sooner. Good news though: I have two months left till this pregnancy ends and then back onto track for sure. i plan to get my tubes tied and make this our last child and make this the fittest I have ever been as well. Not feeling too great, but we all have to start somewhere
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Days? Try weeks....

Yep :') back on it after New Year and bf got me a fitbit yay!
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had had a plan and then my plan sort of went out the window. I had too many snacks and things. Luckily, mine is all water weight because I gained 6 pounds in two days and lost 3 of those pounds in 18 hours. Instead of beating myself up over it I just dusted myself off, got right back to tracking, and I am drinking more water than I normally do.
  • redpanda10
    redpanda10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was good right up until Christmas Eve but decided to have three days off over Christmas and I've made the most of it! I'm not going to weigh myself until Saturday , as we will be having celebrations bringing in the New Year but I'm back on it!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I really only went Bad Santa on Xmas Day itself. Both Xmas Eve and Day were planned to be maintenance or over, so no disappointment involved. The sweet potato pie I made turned out soooo delicious!

It's so hard to avoid the treats that are still around, but I'm doing it. I can have another tomorrow :) That's not so bad.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Not tracking over X-mas and New Year, gave me a target, as in do not put on more than 3lbs (normally it is more like 10lbs and not 10lbs of water either as I eat everything in sight not nailed down because it is x-mas, then I drink the rest.... sigh) I am keeping an eye on my weight, out of the 3lbs I told myself is OK, I have put on 2. I have eaten, drunk, exercised too little, BUT in between, I have tried to make smart food choices. I have eaten bad food, but in smaller portions, I have drunk alcohol but not gallons of it. So yes, I am not tracking, but in control, and I am feeling good about it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    So who else has gone completely off the rails in the past few days?!

I have not gone off the rails at all ... not even a little bit. :)

I have,however, gone on a 2-3 week planned diet break.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged or tracked since the 21st and don't plan to until the 2nd. The weight gain will come off within a few weeks so it's no biggie :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged or tracked since the 21st and don't plan to until the 2nd. The weight gain will come off within a few weeks so it's no biggie :)

Yep ... me too! Except, I'll probably resume the diet on either the 4th or 11th. :)

• MeadowsBing
    MeadowsBing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I planned to eat whatever I wanted over 25th & 26th but that quickly tuned into eat everything in sight from the 21st u til this morning when I found an extra 3lbs on the scale. I am planning to not eat my excersize calories back this week and go back to eating properly in the hope that next weeks weigh in reflects
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I know I always eat big on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Something like ~3000 calories each day. However I also walked ~4 miles each day to help offset the calories. I returned to eating normally on the 26th.
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yep 4 days of just inhaling all the sweet things and draining anything with a volume % :D but back on it now - still being lenient because there's still christmas spirit about :smiley:
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were real good. Stayed on course during the other days and will remain so during this week save for News Year Eve and Day. Not too bad though. I believe most of my weight gain is water increase. Calories weren't very off, but did eat a lot different. OK, some things got inadvertently left off the log ;-)
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am semi back to normal after the Xmas. I am trying to clear out the left overs so I can only guesstimate the calorie count. My husband and I have a New Years Eve tradition of Chinese takeout food coma and bad movies so New Years Day eveything will be back to our new normal.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Days? Try weeks....

Weeks here for me too :( back on it!!!