The worst day of my life.

Options
Today is a terrible today. Today I realized that bacon is a food I simply can not have in moderation. This is a very sad realIzation for me because well bacon = life. If it is in the house.. I cook it. If it is at a restaurant.. I get it then think about it even more. I think we need to break up while I get a better handle on things. I will miss you, bacon. It's not you. It's me.

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to say goodbye to the bad influence whose the life of the party. Be strong!
  • healthyrachel1979
    healthyrachel1979 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Bacon. Drool.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Now I really need some bacon!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pork so have no idea. It smells strange to Me. Lol
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    To eat in moderation, just take only the amount you want to eat out and cook only that portion. Now, having a second portion means starting all over. Are you really going to spend another 20 minutes cooking more bacon?

Even with the foods I really like to indulge in, usually the thought of going and starting all over with cooking is enough to dissuade me. Another option would be to split up the bacon into single-serving packages and individually freeze them. Thaw one in the fridge the day before you plan to have bacon, and now it's even more work if you wanted to eat more.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Hey. I have bacon in the fridge. Guess you know what I am having for breakfast.... I'm not helping here, am I? o:)
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    To eat in moderation, just take only the amount you want to eat out and cook only that portion. Now, having a second portion means starting all over. Are you really going to spend another 20 minutes cooking more bacon?

Even with the foods I really like to indulge in, usually the thought of going and starting all over with cooking is enough to dissuade me. Another option would be to split up the bacon into single-serving packages and individually freeze them. Thaw one in the fridge the day before you plan to have bacon, and now it's even more work if you wanted to eat more.
    Freezing is a great idea. And it doesn't take 20 minutes because I have bacon mastered in the evil box aka the microwave.
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love bacon too. I usually thaw a small pack a week (about 10 pieces) and we cook it up on the weekend (there's three of us, so about 3 slices each). I keep the grease, and use it tablespoon at a time throughout the week to sear fish (salmon, tuna, shrimp) and chicken, and to add flavour to sautéed vegetables (kale, brussels sprouts, cabbage, mung beans, etc.). It may not be the healthiest alternative, but it's actually not that high cal for cooking (when used in moderation), and it packs LOADS of flavour. Good luck!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Bacon is the least of my worries!! :/
  • Diegosulweb84
    Diegosulweb84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »

I like that!! Base my weight loss on my laziness!! I just need to delete my takeaway apps now!! Job done!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Today is a terrible today. Today I realized that bacon is a food I simply can not have in moderation. This is a very sad realIzation for me because well bacon = life. If it is in the house.. I cook it. If it is at a restaurant.. I get it then think about it even more. I think we need to break up while I get a better handle on things. I will miss you, bacon. It's not you. It's me.

Thanks for sharing, I think there's a lot to learn from this.

A lot of people (myself included) have food groups that I call triggers, they essentially set off a snow ball effect, this could be a taste trigger or thought process 'I might as well carry on eating rubbish today'. It's black nd white thinking.

For me it's professed meats and savoury snacks.

In the same way any addict should avoid situations for a short period to avoid temptation we should do the same with these food types, until we feel like we've gained better control.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Make the deli your friend, just buy it 2 slices at a time,
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Truly a tragedy. :(
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Make the deli your friend, just buy it 2 slices at a time,

⬆️ genius idea ⬆️
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »

You should check out Esthers Army might help
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I realize I'm going to get slammed for this, but bacon is the most overrated food item on the planet.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You might find that after being away from it for a few weeks or few months, you'll be able to deal with it in moderation.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Get bacon like this. It's only around 200 calories for 150g (3-4 pieces). I bag mine up in packs of 4 and freeze it.

3u29hcp5avvu.png
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    I realize I'm going to get slammed for this, but bacon is the most overrated food item on the planet.

I mostly agree. I like it fine, but it's rarely worth the calories for me, and I don't get the near-orgasmic response some have to it. (I also can't imagine that microwaved bacon tastes good at all.)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Gasp... :o