NOT LOSING WEIGHT

Options
Well its been almost a month now, and have not lost any weight. BUT, everyone keeps noticing more weight loss. I feel my clothes are fitting slightly looser. And I feel great. Im so happy with my progress, but Im still not where I want to be.
Im so concentrated on what the scale is saying. Should I just stop weighing in every week?
Maybe I should concentrate on toning up more than losing. I dont know, any suggestions???

Replies

• heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Losing inches is more important than the number on the scale. If you (and others) can tell that you are getting smaller, what you are doing is obviously working. I'd stop focusing so much on the scale and keep doing what you're doing. Eventually the numbers will start shrinking too. Muscle takes up a lot less room than fat, which is why the number isn't getting smaller but you are. Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about numbers hun. Its the inches you should care about. Numbers are just that a number. Im sure your doing fine. Dont give up..Btw take pics every few weeks that helps me stay motivated because you can see the results :) good luck!
  • adriperez
    adriperez Posts: 20
    Options
    I try not to let the scale discourage me. Thanks for the words of advise!
  • fiveohtojd
    Options
    If the weight isn't coming off but people are noticing, the answer is simple. You are building muscle as you lose fat. More muscle will burn more fat so keep it up. Eventually the scale will catch up with your actual results. I would even rely more on before/after photos than scale or measurements. keep up the hard work!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I try not to let the scale discourage me. Thanks for the words of advise!

If you feel like the scale discourages you when you step on it, try to put it up and stop weighing yourself. I'm a scale addict though, so that's easier said than done for me. :laugh:
  • Danthewatcher
    Options
    Here's a wonderful thread that you should read because there are some things in it you may find interesting.
    Aside of all the praise that came after, there are some people who simply have a higher level of knowledge and experience.

And that's the beautiful thing about MFP.
    If you're willing to explore the threads and willing to keep an open mind to what is available out there as information,
    Chances are you'll read a story similar, with a suggestion to overcome you may not have considered previously.

I think MFP is the greatest thing so far in the 21st century.

Good luck. :happy:
    Here's the link.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing