Healthy Snacks

Options
Can anyone tell me some healthy snacks that I can have in between meals to fill me up - any ideas on seeds or nuts?

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat apples as I find them filling
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    raw almonds are my go to nut. Otherwise I do a bit of raw veggies and a serving of hummas.
  • maggiemyst
    maggiemyst Posts: 11
    Options
    I've done the trail mix bit, and love cashews... unfortunately I develop a taste for them and eat too much. I have discovered that a sf jello cup with a little ready whip is super low in calories, and a nice treat for in between meals. good luck!
  • brandialman
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie packs. Surprising filling.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'll second veggies and hummus. Or Yogurt, or fruit and cottage cheese.

I don't typically choose nuts as a regular snack. They are a pretty calorie dense food and I don't find they fill me. I will choose nuts, if I haven't eaten enough during the day and need to bring my calories up.
  • butterfly1445
    butterfly1445 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Special K Multigrain crackers are really tasty, a little salty and nutty flavored. Add a little 2% cheese or some fruit for a satisfying low calorie snack, with whole grains! I like to have them with a piece of lowfat string cheese, or some peanut butter if I'm low on protein.

If you want sweet I second the recommendations for sugar free jello or the 100 calorie packs. My favorite is the south beach diet one with dark chocolate covered soy nuts, satisfies the chocolate craving while getting in some vitamins and protein as well.
  • trekr200
    trekr200 Posts: 8
    Options
    I love hummus. But, my wife says it gives me bad breath.

Is peanut butter on crackers a good in-between snack?
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    I really like having peanut butter as a snack because it fills you up and also has healthy fats! I'll eat it on a slice of toast or even cut an apple into slices and dip them into the peanut butter. It's soo yummy and a nice mix of flavors! I also sometimes put a few chocolate chips on top of my peanut butter toast for a sweet treat! :)
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt and blueberries and strawberries, Peanut Butter with an apple or rice cakes, protein bars, protein shakes, popcorn, Cocoa Almonds (OMG so good!). Veggies and hummus...