Looking for motivational friends in 40's with around 20 pounds to lose with fitbit

Options
Hi there, I'm 42 and live in the UK. My weight has slowly crept up over the past 2 years and I'm at the point where nearly all my clothes don't fit me and I feel a bit urghh. I run occasionally and would also like to up my exercise to what I used to do. I remember how much better I felt from doing more. I have a fitbit, average about 10000 steps a day and would be great if I could buddy up with a few people in a similar situation so we can help motivate one another and reach our goals. I don't want to slip back into bad habits. Would love to start preparing myself now and getting my head in the zone for a 4th January start. Anyone care to join me? !?!

Replies

• aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you. I've lost almost 10 lbs since September = trying to go slow and steady. I'm 46 and ultimately would like to lose around 30 lbs. Not sure how to add friends but would love to have some buddies on here.
  • donna4378
    donna4378 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join -- I'm 47 - yikes 48 in a week :( So I'm the grandma of the group - lol! I have about 10 pounds I'd like to lose. I'm not really sure the best way to organize a group - maybe just off this site via emails? Or FB? I run but am nursing an injury right now -- UGH!! Obsessive about exercise. My problem is that I just eat too much. I am not careful about what I eat because I've always worked out quite a bit. But as I get older - the exercise matters less and the amount of food I'm putting in courts more - lol! I really suck at counting calories and keeping track of what I eat. Basically I'm great at eating right - until about 2 or 3 pm and then all bets are off!