Christmas fallout

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I was over my calories every day for the last week (we had a lot of celebrations and then a lot of leftovers). Even still, it was only about 3600 cals over my maintenance level so it should be only about 1 lb of true weight gain once all the water weight is gone. I will be back to work for a few days then off for a long weekend but plan to get back into my normal eating habits but still planning to enjoy NYE and New Year's Day festivities, food and drink...
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I did badly for four days around Christmas Day for a variety of reasons, one of which is that it's just too stressful to go to the grocery store this time of year to get more good fresh food like I've been focusing on... I had less-healthy leftovers from a party Tuesday night, so I grazed on those instead. Told myself when they were gone, they were gone, and it would be back to normal eating and exercise, and I mean it. I've got four days off this week too, but I don't even feel like over-indulging; I think I got it out of my system for a while. I also decided to try not weighing until February 1... it might sound like a potential set-up for failure but I really want to try it because I've been weighing twice a week (not counting my "bad" four days) and rather frustrated at the slow progress. Thought I'd change things up a bit and go for a "big loss" over the course of a month. I did that the first time I tried to lose weight a few years ago, never got on a scale at all, just noticed my clothes getting looser, and in a month I was going "wow!" when I saw the actual number.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Ate really strictly the last two days after getting on the scales and being horrified. I did too much baking over Christmas, as well as celebrating with way too much food. Working on those last ten lbs which seem to be coming off slowly as it is!
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I planned on just not logging on the 24th (when we celebrate Christmas in Sweden) but ended up not logging from the 23rd. My biggest issue is that I "can't log accurately" the food that we make to eat as a family around this time (other times I will make my own and weigh everything and log accurately) and then I kind of just don't log at all (rather than being wrong).

Yeah. I'm sort of back on it, but honestly I probably won't be completely until the food is gone. (Thankfully the chocolate is now just a memory, so there's that at least!)
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    nyponbell wrote: »
    I planned on just not logging on the 24th (when we celebrate Christmas in Sweden) but ended up not logging from the 23rd. My biggest issue is that I "can't log accurately" the food that we make to eat as a family around this time (other times I will make my own and weigh everything and log accurately) and then I kind of just don't log at all (rather than being wrong).

Yeah. I'm sort of back on it, but honestly I probably won't be completely until the food is gone. (Thankfully the chocolate is now just a memory, so there's that at least!)

I know exactly what you mean about not being able to log accurately and then just not logging it at all. Phew - there I said it. I for one will be glad when all of this is over!@!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    December is pretty much a write off for me every year. I log breakfast, and move on. But this is my third xmas in maintenance and have learned that it is gonna happen, the secret is to get back on-board asap.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah since the week before Thanksgiving... PMS, then Thanksgiving, then a wedding, then PMS, then Christmas. It's super happy time at my house. The crazy thing is that my measurements haven't changed, even though I've been pretty much eating 10-20% over maintenance for over a month. But I haven't dared getting on the scale yet... I will in a week... Trying hard to get back on track now (at least I've been exercising the whole time, it's just the eating that's been a bit crazy).
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm 4lbs up (far better than the 8lbs last Christmas!), but it's a fast day today, another Wednesday and hopefully that should banish that 4lbs. Although TOM is looming so I might not know for sure for another week - water retention etc.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    So who else has gone completely off the rails in the past few days?!

I have not gone off the rails at all ... not even a little bit. :)

I have,however, gone on a 2-3 week planned diet break.

that. ive been on a break since essentially october (had i lost any more weight my costume wouldnt have fit LOL) so until yesterday, I was at maintenance- (ish ;) ) LOL
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'm probably up a couple of pounds if I decide to step on the scale today. Unlike in years prior where I put on 5-10lbs, at least this year I'm exercising and balancing things out with some days in a deficit and others where I just indulge.

Still have New Year's to get through before I step on the scale to see what damage was done over the holidays. But right now I'm confident it's not as bad as I think it is.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I've certainly eaten stuff that's usually been on my no way list. But what the heck I've enjoyed it and the world hasn't ended!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Yep. Holiday leftovers are a lot of calorie-dense stuff, not to mention quite a few rich baked goods that are still around so I've been flying through my calories and then some the past few days.

I also came down with a cold the day after Christmas and I've been soothing my sore throat with ice cream and salty brothy soup for the past few days as well. My energy levels are kaput from being sick also, but I have gotten my step goal in at least, otherwise I feel like all I've been doing is sleeping and eating.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I Partied pretty hard. I had ambitions to lose weight over the holidays, haha.
  • cjsgrimlin1
    cjsgrimlin1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I didn't log and ate what i wanted as i have been a bit sick too ( still yet to figure out what is going on) However i did see a major shift at the beginning of this week downward on my scale yesterday so i'm happy! (hadn't been able to break a 3lb yo- yo all month)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I don't regret the Christmas indulgences. I plan to indulge a little at every special occasion. I don't want to go through life feeling deprived. I regret the stress eating though. At least I think I do. It's possible that I can continue to use food as comfort on occasion and still get to, and stay at, a healthy weight overall. I'm optimistic that by the end of January I will weigh less than I did before Christmas.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I regret nothing! :D

Nor should you.

Merry Christmas! Here's to a fighting 2016!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't track my intake and haven't weighed myself in weeks but my snug pants tell me that I have indeed been over indulging lately. Not that I really needed them to tell me. I am quite aware of the wine and food that has passed my lips on it's way to my hips.
  • sgarrand
    sgarrand Posts: 9 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I overindulged on 12/24 and 12/25 but was back to it on 12/26. I gained 3.8 lbs on the scale from the morning of 12/24 to the morning of 12/26. As of this morning, I've shed 3 of those pounds. In the end, it'll be a week to get back to where I was.

I'd say it was worth it but only 12/24 was. I felt really sick due to what I ate on 12/25. No indulgences on or around New Year's Eve or Day for me. Just another year. :)
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I gained 1.4kg over the Christmas, and of this morning, I'm back to my weight as of the 23rd. Like @sgarrand, I don't indulge over New Years and luckily for me, my fitness centre is open on New Years day :)
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Santa gave me 2.8kg for Christmas but after going back on diet and exercise the last 3 days I have gotten rid of 2kg already. I know I'll gain some more on New Years eve (alcohol is so yummy but very high in kj/cal) but with some hard work the week after I'll be back on track for my planned loss. :)