Which treadmill would you recommend?

I have decided to buy my daughter a treadmill for her 21st birthday. Problem is that I know nothing about them.
Do you have one that you would recommend? What features does it have?
Budget is around £300.

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Does she run already? If so, how often and how far.

£300 doesn't go far, so it risks being an expensive drying rack.
  • meglet2202
    meglet2202 Posts: 35 Member
    Is there a craigslist type place for you to buy used treadmills? I see really nice ones on my craigslist all of the time that people bought with good intentions and never used.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    An inexpensive used one. There are millions of them languishing in storage collecting dust around the world.

After she proves that she will use it regularly for a year, then and only then buy her whatever one she wants.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Does she run already? If so, how often and how far.

£300 doesn't go far, so it risks being an expensive drying rack.

We run and hike as a family and have for years. Problem being she has had a change to her Uni hours and shifts and now rarely manages to come running with us. We live very rural so we she doesn't want to run through the woods alone in the dark. Even though we have head lamps.

We are out door type people and there is the risk she won't enjoy working out indoors.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    An inexpensive used one. There are millions of them languishing in storage collecting dust around the world.

After she proves that she will use it regularly for a year, then and only then buy her whatever one she wants.

I hadn't actually considered a used one so thanks for that @beemerphile1 @meglet2202 I think I might look in to it as she might not end up using it much if it bores her.

I'd still like opinions on the best features if anyone can advise?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Problem being she has had a change to her Uni hours and shifts and now rarely manages to come running with us. We live very rural so we she doesn't want to run through the woods alone in the dark.

Is the Uni gym an option? At least that will give an appreciation of whether a treadmill is a viable option. I'm driven more by weather, but can see why solo night running in the woods wouldn't be comfortable, hel I trip up in daylight in the woods...