New to forum, looking for friends with goals!

Options
kmitchall
kmitchall Posts: 77 Member
edited December 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone, Mitchall here. I am 252lbs. Started at about 260, cancer and bone marrow transplant survivor of 8 years. Type 1 diabetic. I really let myself go, and now I am climbing and defeating my own Mt Everest! I wog daily (wog is a combo of walk and job in intervals) and usually do about 3 miles daily. somedays I get really excited and do up to 10 miles like yesterday! im just trying to connect with other people. I want to run the boston marathon one day!

[edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey Mitchall! Wow, congrats on surviving cancer. You will totally conquer your Mt Everest. Good luck!

Oh - and I love the 'Wog' term. I'd never heard it before.
  • michelleegray243
    michelleegray243 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Mitchall! Congrats on beating all of your health obstacles - you're amazing! Wogging is an amazing way to get into running. When I was excessively overweight in college, I started wogging (
  • kmitchall
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yes, wogging is my favorite. I am slowly making the transition in running more and more. Tried some HITT running today, felt like I may have overdone it!!
  • Jworthiiiii
    Jworthiiiii Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You rock! I also love the term wog & I believe that with your motivation and accomplishments you'll run the Boston marathon someday!
  • kmitchall
    Options
    Thank You Jworth!!!! It's a huge goal for me but I'm dreaming big and going after it with all I got!
  • AprilLily981
    AprilLily981 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats on so many levels; inspiring.
  • kmitchall
    Options
    Thank you AprilLily981!!!