Breastfeeding

Options
I put "Breastfeeding Exclusively" in under Breakfast and it gives me -500 calories, but it doesn't adjust my total daily calories at all. Does anyone know why? What is the point of putting it in if it doesn't adjust anything?

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You basically have three ways to look at how to account for the extra Calories you need to maintain your current weight while breastfeeding:

1. Increase your daily Calorie goal.

2. Log an activity as an exercise under Cardiovascular to give you additional Calories for the day; this doesn't change your daily Calorie goal, but it gives you extra Calories remaining.

3. Log a negative amount of food in your Diary; this doesn't change your daily Calorie goal, it should increase the amount of Calories remaining that you can eat and still eat to your goal.

You chose option number 3 when you logged negative Calories to your Diary.

It really is up to you which way you want to account for those Calories.

​Please see this article, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/11477-if-i-am-breastfeeding-or-nursing-how-do-i-adjust-my-goals-
  • meeganpotts861
    meeganpotts861 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It
  • meeganpotts861
    meeganpotts861 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It did not increase the remaining calories. That is why I am confused.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    It did not increase the remaining calories. That is why I am confused.

Your Diary is not set to "Public" so a general user cannot know exactly what is the issue with your account.

I would recommend that you open a Case with Customer Support on the MFP Help pages...

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new