Need SUPPORT and friends

Options
Hello all. I'm in urgent need to get back to my healthy lifestyle. In 5-6 years, I've gained about 44 lbs and have officially become the most unhealthy I've ever been. Many things have contributed to this, but I need some support to help achieve my goals. Please don't hesitate to show some support and push me. Friend requests are welcome!

Replies

• lamikkamarshall
    lamikkamarshall Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello how do you add friends on here?
  • glt4006
    glt4006 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Lambguy. I'm glt4006, an A-A female looking to lose 20-25 lbs. I like walking and a few (VERY few) other exercises, but my schedule is hectic. (I know...everybody says that.)

My plan right now is to walk at least 1-2 hours or at least 10,000 steps a day, 5-6 days a week. For me, that's not unrealistic; I'm a natural-born walker. Even at age 68 I can walk up to 3 hrs straight. Lovin' my FitBit, which is a huge help toward my achieving this. All I need is to MAKE THE TIME TO DO IT!

Part 2 of my plan: Closely monitor my calorie/fat/carb intake. My Fitness Pal does a phenomenal job of motivating, encouraging, and educating me about nutrition. It makes me think about my intake to the extent I've already started making significant improvements in my eating habits. Love this app. Really like that it tells me up front and keeps me posted on maximum calories I can have each day in order to reach my goal weight, and within what time frame.

I can tell you're highly motivated and likely to succeed; you just need that extra little nudging. Well, I'm a Nudger! And you'll be doing me a favor: I can't very well nudge you, then not nudge myself. What's your plan?
  • k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi...add me...and good luck