Trucker to lose weight

Hey, names Dalton. I'm a long haul trucker. I have finally decided to do something about my weight. I'm counting calories on this app. And using another app to track my exercise. I have a bicycle on my truck that I ride every night after I'm done driving. I currently weight 301 down from 310. But I'm want to lose another 80 lbs. Any other truckers here ?
But would love support from anyone. Thanks. And good luck to everyone.

Replies

• mandagirl4816
    mandagirl4816 Posts: 18 Member
    Wow...good for you! Extra challenging being on the road all the time but you can do this!
  • bigdkemp
    bigdkemp Posts: 3 Member
  • maggiemoo182
    maggiemoo182 Posts: 1 Member
    Good job :) I'm new too! Good luck to you ! :) you can do it
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    @bigdkemp welcome to MFP forums.

I have family that drive OTR and see how hard it is to manage one's health living on the road. Carrying you bicycle is a great ideal. Every day if it is not icy I walk a quarter mile down a steep hill and back up at least one time. It takes me 10 minutes with not stopping and resting any longer unlike a year ago. It is not much but that forces me to keep my mind on eating for better health. I am glad you started working to improve your health before you got in my shape. I guess some make fun of the bicycle but it sounds like it is working out in your case?

Best of success.
  • hopetolose30
    hopetolose30 Posts: 1 Member
    veg salad boiled potato nothing on them or backed chicken fish (no junk food for 21 days) good lucky and remember sugar and salt are your enemy's be careful and mindful what you put in your mouth
  • Hey bro! The name is Jason Clark and I am also a trucker. I currently weigh 360 lb but I used to weigh close to 400 when I first started trucking. About two years ago I was weighing around 315 and doing great! One day I pushed myself a little too far doing a 7k walk/run. I took a few days to recover and let my body rest and those few days turned into weeks then months. Basically I got lazy. I am very depressed that I have gained so much weight back. Today I am getting back at it. Hope we can chat from time to time and inspire each other!