About ready to lose my Polar and get the Fitbit!

Options
Soooo tired of the strap - it never stays on! The good and bad about the Fitbit charge? Worth the money? Should I look at the jawbone? Would like something to sync with the iPhone and MFP.. Thanks y'all ;)

Replies

• k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi I got the Charge HR and aria scales today, hopefully they will make a difference!
    Add me k_wills@live.com
  • wdunnett1
    wdunnett1 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Just got a fitbit flex for X-mas. Probably gonna exchange for Charge
  • wdunnett1
    wdunnett1 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and I'll keep you posted
  • iheartmonkeypoo
    iheartmonkeypoo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had the polar ft4, the nike fuelband and now I have the jawbone up24. but I miss seeing the digital display. has anyone ever tried the garmin bands? I was looking at the fr70
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I got the Charge HR a few months ago and it has really helped me stay motivated. Something about seeing those numbers really works for me. And it syncs just fine w/ MFP and my iphone.
  • fshab
    fshab Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have had the polar ft4, the nike fuelband and now I have the jawbone up24. but I miss seeing the digital display. has anyone ever tried the garmin bands? I was looking at the fr70

I just got the garmin vivoactive and love it. I do want to wear it with my fitbit flex and see how they compare for step counting.
  • debsfran
    debsfran Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I too was sick of the Polar strap - so shifted to Fitbit charge, but I found it did not do all I wanted, felt like it was just a fancy pedometer (my opinion) so have now opted for the Garmin vivosmart HR - should be delivered in the next few days - cant wait - feel free to add me on garmin connect - Debsjeav
  • Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love my Charge HR. I have never had any problems with Fitbit. I only had to replace my previous one because I stupidly ran it through the washing machine *facepalm*. I would highly discourage anyone from getting a Jawbone, because I had to replace mine 3 times, it would just stop working, and would not charge. My brother's Jawbone had the plastic start to peel off, and he never wore it in the shower. Bad, bad, bad!
  • TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I recently got a Charge HR as an early Christmas gift. I've worn them both at the same time a couple times while exercising. I think the Polar one is more accurate. It said I burned more calories and that my heart rate was higher. Still...I'm sticking with the Fitbit because I don't have to wear that dang chest strap and I love the data and graphs that are on the app and the website. It may not be the most accurate thing but it does keep me motivated as I wear it all day every day instead of just while I'm exercising. I like trying to make all of the little green smiley faces when I reach a daily goal.
  • TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oh and if you get a Fitbit, get the Charge HR. There is a difference between the Charge HR and regular Charge. BTW they're on sale at Verizon now thru the end of the month. BF works there so he got mine and with his discount it was about half price.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I just got the charge HR for christmas, so far i really like it. I have the Polar F4, like it, but the chest strap is a pain.