Runkeeper and Fitbit

Options
I just got a Fitbit Flex for Christmas, which I like so far. Prior to having that I was using the Runkeeper app on my iPhone to track my runs. I felt like its calorie estimates were accurate and as I've been using it for 2+ years it has a lot of data saved on there (over 100 previous runs, month-to-month comparisons, etc.). It automatically enters each run as an exercise on MFP and grants me the calories accordingly. I like using this app and would like to continue, but I don't know how it would work with Fitbit.

If I use Runkeeper to track my runs, the date for which will then copy through to MFP (including start and finish times), will this sync up with the Fitbit, or do you think it will essentially double-count the calories burnt? This morning I entered 25 minutes of kettlebell training into MFP, and my Fitbit didn't seem to double-count for that time, but not sure if using a secondary app will confuse the MFP-Fitbit relationship!

Ultimately I'll have to give it a try to know conclusively, but if anyone has done this before and could give me a heads-up if I am likely to encounter any problems, that would be great. Thanks!

Replies

• k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi I got the Charge HR and Aria Scales today, I'm hoping they will work well together.
    Add me on k_wills@live.com
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I've had this set up for a while and it seems to work. Basically, it doesn't double-count if you're careful how you set it up. So, you need to add runkeeper to MFP and fitbit to MFP, but don't then set up runkeeper and fitbit together, if that makes sense? That way, everything goes into and out of MFP and nothing is double-logged.

i.e. runkeeper > MFP < fitbit.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    @louubelle16 thank you - I'll try that.
  • christinabievelot
    Options
    I use Runkeeper and a UP24 as an activity tracker.
    They both sync with MFP but not together.
    After my running session, should I log it in the tracker's app too? I don't know if MFP would double count the running calories...