Day two! Anyone try those detox teas?

Feed back on detox teas please!

Replies

• Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    They'll make you pee and poop. They don't help you lose fat.
  • EzRemake
    EzRemake Posts: 128 Member
    Your liver and kidneys detox for you. No need for tea unless you enjoy their taste.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Detox's are a scam and detox teas area double scam, there's my feedback :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Seriously hun. We talked about this yesterday. Have realistic expectations. There are no quick fixes. Read the stickied threads. Especially this one today:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    save your $$
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Yes detox anything is a scam. I'm curious OP, what exactly are you trying to detox yourself of?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Waste of $$$
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    It is clear that you have unrealistic expectations and are willing to take foolish measures to reach them.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited December 2015
    If you do any of these dangerous things, that I've read about here & in your other posts, you'll most likely lose more weight than you intended; by decaying via actually dying because engaging in quick fixes, is suicidal!
  • enzaloccisano
    enzaloccisano Posts: 34 Member
    1. I never said I was going to use them.
    2. Please only provide feedback if you have used it.
    3. People posting negative comments please do not comment on my posts. Negativity is not allowed do BEAT IT!

Thank you in advance
  • brianpperkins
    edited December 2015
    Honesty about liquid laxatives is not negativity. Honesty about your stated goals being unrealistic and unhealthy is not negativity.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited December 2015
    3. People posting negative comments please do not comment on my posts. Negativity is not allowed do BEAT IT!

Thank you in advance

You don't get to decide, whom posts; on a public thread & how is someone, trying to save your life; being negative?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member

Thank you in advance

So you only want to hear from people who'll tell you that it's a good idea and they work?

Got it.
  • WinoGelato

Thank you in advance

1. Why would you ask about them if you aren't considering using them?
    2. You've gotten about 10 responses telling you these are a waste of money and will not have any long term benefits from people who haven't drank them. Do you really need someone who did try them to say that very thing?
    3. That's not how forums work. People telling you that something is ineffective, a waste of money, and not a long term solution are not being negative. They are being helpful. Would you rather spend money, a lot of miserable time in the bathroom, and then gain all the weight back? Is that something you would consider a positive experience?
    4. This is about your 6th post of the weekend all looking to lose weight as quickly as possible. That's just not what this site is all about.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member

Thank you in advance

1. Soooooo, what are you on "Day Two!" of?
    2. That's not how it works
    3. That's also not how it works.
  • WinoGelato
    Patiently awaiting "Day 3 - Sugar Detox - Who's With Me" thread...
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    There's no quick fixes. There's no easy way out. If there was, I would've taken it. I tried every scam under the sun to try to lose weight. The only thing that truly worked was hard work. To lose weight, all you need is a calorie deficit. Eat less then you burn. These products are scams. Its a laxative ( people see the number drop on the scale and think its working . they don't understand that its just water weight and waste and will return ) if you want to lose weight, set a realistic goal and work towards it. Again, there's no easy way out. Nothing can replace hard work and determination.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Thank you in advance

2. You've gotten about 10 responses telling you these are a waste of money and will not have any long term benefits from people who haven't drank them. Do you really need someone who did try them to say that very thing?
    3. That's not how forums work. People telling you that something is ineffective, a waste of money, and not a long term solution are not being negative. They are being helpful. Would you rather spend money, a lot of miserable time in the bathroom, and then gain all the weight back? Is that something you would consider a positive experience?
    4. This is about your 6th post of the weekend all looking to lose weight as quickly as possible. That's just not what this site is all about.

+1000
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    edited December 2015
    Well, here's some positive feedback.

I drink the Yogi Peach Detox tea because I really like the taste. A friend gave me a sample and I liked it so well I bought some on Amazon (4 boxes because of the price break). At the grocery it is no more expensive than any other Yogi brand of tea ~ $3.50 a box.

Does it do anything special? I have no idea, I just like the way it tastes and it helps me get my liquids in. I certainly don't think it's dangerous and have not noticed any increase in diuretic or laxative effect. It's simply an herbal tea that tastes really good. Has it increased my weight loss, not that I've noticed. However, if it helps support my liver and kidney function (as the label claims), then fabulous! win, win
  • janjunie

Thank you in advance

My question was actually pretty genuine.
  • janjunie

Thank you in advance

+1000

lol +1001
  • brianpperkins
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Well, here's some positive feedback.

I drink the Yogi Peach Detox tea because I really like the taste. A friend gave me a sample and I liked it so well I bought some on Amazon (4 boxes because of the price break). At the grocery it is no more expensive than any other Yogi brand of tea ~ $3.50 a box.

Does it do anything special? I have no idea, I just like the way it tastes and it helps me get my liquids in. I certainly don't think it's dangerous and have not noticed any increase in diuretic or laxative effect. It's simply an herbal tea that tastes really good. Has it increased my weight loss, not that I've noticed. However, if it helps support my liver and kidney function (as the label claims), then fabulous! win, win

There is no tea in that "tea".

Exactly what do you think it is detoxing?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I'll give you some feedback from someone who HAS tried them :)

These teas include high amounts of caffeine and laxatives. They will make you feel wired, anxious, and have diarrhea. :)

My boyfriend bought me a new "berry" tea one day. As someone who drinks mostly peppermint teas and green teas daily, I thought "cool, something new to try!". It first began with my heart racing. Then cold sweats. Then tension in my chest. Then a rumble or two in my stomach.

Needless to say I had to leave work early and spent the better part of 24 hours total on the toilet. That's right, i left work early one day and couldn't go in the next because of this tea! It was the most excruciating pain i've ever felt. And i literally could not leave the toilet.

Come to find out this is a "berry detox tea" with the same ingredient in all of these other detox teas. Including but not limited to: Senna leaf and stem; Licorice root; Ginger root; Dandelion leaf; Fo-ti root; Rhubarb root; Sickle-pod senna seed.

In addition to the horrible laxative effect, these teas do not actually do anything for weight loss. The body loses fat by consuming less calories than it burns. The only thing this tea will do is make you lose water weight, diarrhea, work pay, and hard earned cash. :)

So, from someone whose actually used them... DONT!

P.S. My boyfriend was in serious trouble after this ordeal.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Only positive comments folks, otherwise gtfu.
  • zoeysasha37
    Patiently awaiting "Day 3 - Sugar Detox - Who's With Me" thread...

And then finally , hopefully it will be -

Day 100- I realized that detoxes, scams, mlm products, weight loss pills don't work and need help learning how to weigh my foods and use a food scale properly. I now know I need a calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »

These teas include high amounts of caffeine and laxatives. They will make you feel wired, anxious, and have diarrhea. :)

My boyfriend bought me a new "berry" tea one day. As someone who drinks mostly peppermint teas and green teas daily, I thought "cool, something new to try!". It first began with my heart racing. Then cold sweats. Then tension in my chest. Then a rumble or two in my stomach.

Needless to say I had to leave work early and spent the better part of 24 hours total on the toilet. That's right, i left work early one day and couldn't go in the next because of this tea! It was the most excruciating pain i've ever felt. And i literally could not leave the toilet.

Come to find out this is a "berry detox tea" with the same ingredient in all of these other detox teas. Including but not limited to: Senna leaf and stem; Licorice root; Ginger root; Dandelion leaf; Fo-ti root; Rhubarb root; Sickle-pod senna seed.

In addition to the horrible laxative effect, these teas do not actually do anything for weight loss. The body loses fat by consuming less calories than it burns. The only thing this tea will do is make you lose water weight, diarrhea, work pay, and hard earned cash. :)

And we could have been spared all that (so sorry you went through it, too!) if OP had just listened to my first post, which covered this. ;)
  • zoeysasha37

Thank you for sharing your story. You have no idea how many people you may have helped by writing this. Many are lurkers. They are too shy to create their own threads, so they lurk through countless threads looking for information. These people could potentially this and it could save them from believing that these detoxes and cleanses really work ( and save them from explosive diarrhea too !)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member

And we could have been spared all that (so sorry you went through it, too!) if OP had just listened to my first post, which covered this. ;)

I thought if I added the full TMI info it would be a little bit more convincing. If i could slap it out of someone's hand and save them the experience I would. :lol:
  • enzaloccisano
    enzaloccisano Posts: 34 Member

Lmao that's funny.. On the bf being in trouble. My co-worker was drinking a tea called "morning boost" this morning because she is trying to detox her body from all the caffeine. Caffeine brings on her anxiety. It's all natural and I was curious if ppl had feedback on it.