Activity Tracker...which one do I choose?

Options
kt4au
kt4au Posts: 64 Member
edited December 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I am looking to purchase an activity tracker. My main goal is calorie counter. I would like for it to be waterproof and I would prefer not to have to wear a chest monitor as well. I would also like to get one for under $200. Another plus would be that it synced with MFP. I have done a lot of reading on them bit I would like to get the MFP community opinion. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Mrsurban2011
    Mrsurban2011 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit charge
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have Fitbit HR.. it works ok for steps and stairs, the call notification is nice Caller ID on my arm The HR Function is not as accurate or reading same numbers as my Polar H7
  • TammerTammer
    TammerTammer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a garmin vivo smart I am selling for 100. I just upgraded to Samsung gear. Nothing wrong with it at all. i loved it. Uses garmin connect. Has phone interactive capapbility.
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing the Fitbit One for several years. I have found it to be very accurate for counting my walking, running, and elliptical steps, and it does sync with MFP. I don't think it is waterproof, but it has survived the washer a few times. I wear it clipped to the front of my bra most of the time, and my one complaint has to do with the clip rather than the tracker itself. I have to replace the clip every nine months or so because it starts falling apart.
  • lanky007
    lanky007 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also have a fitbit one and wear it on my bra. I did have a WW tracker but they discontinued their version and fitbit works with WW.....also works with MFP....easy setup. Don't think it is waterproof but like the previous reply it has survivied the washing maching...lol
  • bzmommie
    bzmommie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been researching the same thing. I have narrowed it down to the Fitbit Charge HR and the Garmin Vivosmart HR. Both are about $150 (Hoping maybe they will be on sale tomorrow) The Garmin is Waterproof. Both sync with MFP. Still tring to decide which one. Leaning towards the Vivosmart HR cause it is waterproof
  • rudyr123
    rudyr123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivo Smart and absolutely loved it. I've had fitbit but never cared for it since I had other garmin devices.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    kt4au wrote: »
    My main goal is calorie counter.

Are you predominantly after step counting or HR based calorie estimation?
    I would like for it to be waterproof

Notwithstanding the usual FitBit pile on upthread, FitBits aren't waterproof.

Garmin VivoSmart, or the Polar Loop.
    I would prefer not to have to wear a chest monitor as well.

All day HR tracking is a pointless gimmick at the moment, it'll only give you one item of useful data; Resting HEart Rate.

Notwithstanding that, optical HR tracking is adequate for most people and subject to the type of training that you do, may be a waste of time.

Garmin have recently introduced the VivoSmart HR.

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Misfit Flash
    Waterproof
    counts steps, calories, sleep

And $29.99 dollar

Mine works perfect

95069916.png
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitbit One. I love it because it's a clip on and gives me all the info that I need to maintain my healthy lifestyle.
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use my fitbit one in conjuction with my fitness pal. I also use runkeeper, but only to measure distance and verify my fitbit info.