Any ladies aged 50 plus out there?

Options
Looking to see if there are any ladies aged 50 plus out there who would like to chat and support each other in losing weight. I'm new to this and could do with a few friends out there for some support. I'm 54 and need to lose about 3 stone or so. Please feel free to add me. Thank you.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I started my journey shortly after my 59th bday and have lost 125 lbs in the 18 months since. We have the maturity and life experience to commit to our goals and not give up. We also value good health more than ever.

I encourage you to read the sticky posts at the top of each MFP forum. They provide lots of good info to get you started.
  • Kaymae_2016
    Kaymae_2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am glad to see other ladies in my age range.
    I am 51, soon to be 52.
    I am hoping to loose at least 60 lbs. My imediate goal is to lose the 10 I put on this past year.
  • WAQuilter59
    WAQuilter59 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    56 here and ready to get back on track. 5'10" (well 9-3/4" with a little shrinkage :-) ). Joined Planet Fitness in July and have been making steady but SLOW progress. Ready to step it up a few notches. Currently at 245 but really want to be under 200. You may add me.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend's request Im 51 soon to be 52
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    There is a group on mfp " Women age 50+ " that has an active and very supportive forum going, they just started the January page.
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 - feel free to friend me. I've lost 35.8 lbs since June. MFP is the best thing that's happened to me. Stick with it and you'll achieve your goal.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm "mature", am right around my goal, live in UK. Friend me if you like!
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies we are 50+ young been on here 2 years then had a short break realised couldn't do it on my own so rejoined. Feel free to add me. UK based.
  • DannaDecarlo
    DannaDecarlo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! I'm 53 and have been at this for 3 years - I started at 169# ended 2015 down 10# and have a 2016 goal of losing 19# - daily accountability is important for me
    please friend me if interested with daily check ins
  • scrufykat
    scrufykat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello...newbie to this app. I am 51 and looking for support within my age group. Looks like I may have it :-) . Starting off with Baby steps...got on the Elliptical this morning (6 minutes)...each day a little more :-). 162 as of this morning....Goal to lose 30# by Summer :-) 2016-Here we come!
  • Lindal105
    Lindal105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and trying to re-engage. I lost about 40 pounds on Weight Watchers a few years ago then plateaued, then stopped tracking and regained much of the weight I'd lost. I just rejoined WW but really like the MFP tracking system better. My goal is to lose 90 pounds and keep it off.
  • artdebrigitte
    artdebrigitte Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 52 this month, I've been on MFP before, but motivated by my grandbabies (6 under 5 yrs old!). I want to be around to see them grow up!
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 59. I have been on MFP for several months now, and have lost 66 lbs since July. I still have a long way to go. Considering taking a short break and eating at maintenance, but haven't completely decided. Feel free to send me a friend request if you like.
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 50 in June...does this count yet? :smiley:
    I've been a diet yo-yo my adult life and have tried several approaches with varying success but this time it just feels different. No gimmicks or fads, just the science of CICO. At first having to weigh and measure sounded tedious, but it's not that bad.
    SW 198.6 (1/4/16)
    Hgt 5'4" ish
    CW 180 (2/27)
    GW <150. I'll decide when I get there if I want to keep going.
    Use Vivosmart HR to track exercise, etc.

So glad I found MFP
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    You might want to visit this forum thread for some friend candidates, too, or to participate (close enough age-wise; not everyone's been 55: 55-65-year-old-womens-success
  • Scousemaggie
    Scousemaggie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 61 years young and I'm back trying to re-lose the weight I lost early last year. I got down to 11:4 lbs then a lot of family issues stopped me carrying on. However, I'm back with a vengeance fighting the flab again and totally determined to get the weight off and keep it off. I went up to 13 stone, I currently weigh 12:5 but my aim is to reach 11 stone by end of July. Please feel free to add me as a friend, support keeps you motivated
  • deborahdoyle62
    deborahdoyle62 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good morning... I am 53 years young... I was born at 9 pounds, and have ALWAYS been a full figured woman! This past summer I fell and injured my left ankle and right knee... while on crutches my weight bloomed to 206... I am 5 foot 3 inches. I started with Physical therapy for 3 months, then in October a friend referred me to MFP, once I got a handle on my eating, I joined a gym and got a personal trainer. Today I am proud to say that I am down 20 pounds, and exercise at least 3 days a week... I still have another 36 pounds to go till I hit my ideal weight range. I would love join this group, I am always in need of positive influences!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm over 50 as well. Could always use like-aged friends for encouragement and support.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Hello to all! I will be 60 in August and decided that I wanted to be one of those "go go" grannies!! Neither of my children have produced anything to "go go" for, but I have granddogs that I need to be able to keep up with!! I too have some medical issues, such as knees and I am approved for knee surgery and currently waiting for The Date. I am scared witless about this, so want to maximize the chances of the surgery going well, so am attempting to take off as much weight as possible in order to improve chances of healing well. My surgeon told me that x amount of pounds off means y amount of reduced strain on your knees, so thats my rationale. (I cant remember the actual numbers - another "seniors issue" with which I struggle!)